Helping Veterans Blanket Project

BPitard

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a youtube video (1 of 3) near the bottom of this page (which also has the pattern). Make and join about 4 squares, in a square - not a line - and send to me :) I would like to see the finished product. This is for anyone who is interested in doing this. Flat Braid Join can be a challenge at first so don't get frustrated if you don't get it right away - keep trying. You will find it to be quite enjoyable once you get the hang of it.

Let me know when your ready for my address. Oh, and with the new team of "joiners" we are assembling, we will be needing more squares!

I have made 4 squares and am now tackling the flat braid joining. I hope I am using the correct video http://www.youtube.com/user/annemkell#p/u/24/2qfBKZwqBgE

My only question so far is this. It starts out saying that she has sc all around each square. The pattern we use does not end with sc in the last row. This being said...she starts in the middle stitch of the corner ( there are 3 sc in the corner on her sample) however on our squares there is a ch 2 in the center. So where do you start? If you start in one of the two chains it makes the squares off. Can anyone explain this to me????

That is the correct video. I do the SC round before I start the flat braid so the sc round and the flat braid round are the same color. Do 3 sc in each corner and 1 sc in each DC.

I can't open the link in your 2nd post.

Are you on Facebook?

• 2 weeks later...

WE STILL NEED SQUARES!!! Just a reminder - WE STILL NEED SQUARES!!! There are now FOUR people assembling blankets so they are being used up FOUR times as fast! If you are able to send squares, and/or yarn to join them, and/or postage for shipping (as little as 25 cents for each square you send would be AWESOME!) please email me for an address :)

Need your help. I am working on a blanket for a very special female Veteran who needs some love. I am about 3/4 done and want to put together a small "care package" to go with this. If anyone has anything they can send to include with it, no matter how small, please message me. I think she really needs to know she is loved and appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have 12 squares done for you, could you please PM me the address to send them to? Thank you! :)

Julia

• 3 weeks later...

Its expensive. I shop the sales and can get yarn to join a blanket for about $5.00. It cost at least $10, sometimes $15 to send a single blanket. I now have a "team" helping me join blankets (I can't do this myself) and it cost the same amount to ship squares and yarn to them as it does to send a blanket to a Veteran.

So, right now, its costing me about $30 per blanket if I have to send it to my "team"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived