Bearghan CAL - Boredom buster time!

Not sure anyone has ever started a bearghan CAL! but I'm super bored today.. it's just to hot to go outside, and my nice cool A/C house is perfect.

kids are happy watching Nick Jr. soooooo I need something to do as I am done with housework.. so

LET THE BOREDOM BUSTER BEGIN.. lets do a Bearghan CAL.

you can get the free patter here: http://www.yarncrazy.com/bearghan

Lets see your progress and finish project.. or if you have already made one post a picture here to help inspire others.

This pattern looks pretty simple and fast!. mabey you will make one according to the pattern.. or mabey we can be bold n find a diffrent granny square to use for the Granny part to give it Flair!

so

READY.............

SET................

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO>>.......................

Well I just went to my stash and Grabbed some colors. This bearghan will most likely be mine to use in my crochet chair. :). but im sure my kids will claim it when they cuddle together on the sofa to watch Their cartoons

below is my Colors i'm going to use :). im fixing to get started on the first square

post-31502-135897664221_thumb.jpg

Hi Anne:

Well I need to break away from the Stash Buster Totes CAL for a while and since i've never done one of these bear ghans yet i think this will be a great time for me to start on something new.

And well since you and I have always been friends and get along well even thou we are far apart this will be fun to be here and get the encouragement i will need to do this.

Allergies are killing me today something aweful so i know I will not be crocheting today.

So maybe tomorrow i will fell better and get my yarns together.

I want to also think of the colors i want to amke this ghan in...

One question??? Do we have to make this bear ghan ???

I seen another free one that is almost the same but looks more rounded have you seen that one? I think i'd love to give that one a try but if its this one we got to do then so it will...

hugs

Lillibet

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Evening¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

post-18634-13589766475_thumb.gif

I'm in!

:heart

:mug

post-18634-135897664807_thumb.jpg

How is everyone this morning?

I have one paw done :hook

I'm hoping to get more done today on my bearghan. I have a nice day at home to relax and crochet until my boys ball games tonight.... of course I'll take some crocheting then too... LOL.. .so I would think I can get some work done on this.

have a wonderful day everyone!

I have almost the entire Ghan done. Im jsut making the right "leg", and then the Half grannys that are between the legs n arms... THen I may start a 2nd just for fun but make it smaller, and give ti to the girls for their baby dolls. so that means I'll have to make 3. hmmmm lol.

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Hope all is well with everyone! Wow Ann...... movin' right along there... arent ya. You're gonna have to do another one in order to play some more with the rest of us! :hook

have a great day all....

I am going to be joining in this CAL because I want to make several bearghan/tote sets for little ones for Christmas. I just have one question. How large do these come out? Does anyone have an age range for how old a child could use one? The reason I ask is because I have two little boys on my Christmas list who will either be 6 or almost 6 by Christmas time and I would like to make them one as well and wondering if I need to try and increase the finished size???

well Mine is just about done, gotta make the Half granny for between the legs and then put on the boarder.. Then I'll be making a few small ones. baby doll size today for my girls dollies, I'll post a pic here in a few mins Gonna go kick up the camera and get some picts

someone asked how big they come out.. This is my 5 yr old.. now remember she's small for her age.. she's about the size of a 3 yrold. her pant size she's wearing is I think 2T. I'm gonna use it as a lapghan for myself.. here in my chair.

post-31502-1358976653_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897665304_thumb.jpg

someone asked how big they come out.. This is my 5 yr old.. now remember she's small for her age.. she's about the size of a 3 yrold. her pant size she's wearing is I think 2T. I'm gonna use it as a lapghan for myself.. here in my chair.

Thank you for the reference! Anyone have any ideas for how to double andtriple the size for the bigger kids?

Thank you for the reference! Anyone have any ideas for how to double andtriple the size for the bigger kids?

just make your squares bigger. I stopped mine at 10 rounds,

and then added 1 round to the Under arm half grannies and 1 to the one between the legs.

so I'd just make a granny to the size you think would be good.

tomarrow Im going to try to make 3 the size of a baby doll for the girls.

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

How are all you fellow bearghan crocheters doing this morning?

I am on the last paw.. then have to do the half grannies and put the face on... :hook

This is super easy and I'm thinking of making a few for gifts.

This one is just for the fun of it... I have a feeling once my (soon to be 11yr old) sees it.. he'll claim it.... LOL

okay... off to tend to laundry... get a coffee refill and back to crocheting!

have a great day all!

morning Teakay!!!

I'm done with my Large one :). and I started one of the "baby doll" size ones and have to just make the belly and 2 legs.. 3 half granny's and face. I was thinking of making a few more of the Regular size bearghans, for gifts for my Niece and nephew in fla.

how is everyone else's comming along?

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

Well Ann......... I have two more half grannies to make and then put the face on! Then of course run a border around it. I think its going to be cute!

So.... where's the pics of the large one you finished missy??? huh...huh?

These are sure easy enough.... I could see myself making more for gifts!

have a great day all.......... I have a day filled with baseball games for two of my boys

::: (\_(\

*: (=’ :’) :*

•.. (,(”)(”)¤°.¸¸.•´¯`» Good Morning •¨¯`•

Well Ann......... I have two more half grannies to make and then put the face on! Then of course run a border around it. I think its going to be cute!

So.... where's the pics of the large one you finished missy??? huh...huh?

These are sure easy enough.... I could see myself making more for gifts!

have a great day all.......... I have a day filled with baseball games for two of my boys

OMG i forgot to post the pic of my finish bearghan!!! LOL i sworn I put it up HAHAH ok can u say (DOH! slaps self in forehead). well I'll just have to put it on this post eh? I have one of the "baby doll" size ones done I just have to make the nose and put on boarder. and Cheyenne already claim it soooo I now have to do 2 more then the girls will all have a baby blanket for their dollies..

Think next will have to be a outfit for them baby dolls as I'm sick of seeing them nakie LOL

sooo here are the finish blue bearghan pics. Well it's my bear-lapghan for my chair :). and I took a pic of the 2 younger girls on it to show it's size..

Hannah is 8 but she's small for her age. and chey is 5 and she is also small for her age. ppl think th's 2 or 3 when they see her cause of her size LOL

post-31502-135897666316_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897666319_thumb.jpg

OmGoodness........... that came out GREAT Ann!!!!

I love it! What a cute pic with the girls on it! :D

I didnt work on my bearghan today... (yet) was at ball games ALL DAY..... too big of a project to take with. I'm thinking I may try to get a few rows done tonight before bed! :hook

Great job again Ann!!!!

Ty, I got 2 baby doll size bear's almost done, just hve to add face's. and boarders. but the girls ran off with them. so I will have to waite till they are in bed and I get more of the color i was using. I ran out, I may start a hex. blanket while i waite to have money for the colors i need for a 3rd baby doll size.. gotta make them all the same color so there is no fighting over who's is who's. this way it wont matter. lol.

anyone else have one done?

(.

((..

(((… Good MoRnInG ……….

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

Well darn it... no work on the bearghan yesterday. I'm so close to being done too!!! Ended up frogging a double knit hot pad all the way back to the beginning. I'm back on track now with it though. Maybe I'll put it down to make a half granny for the bearghan. That would be better than nothing. I want to get it done! Hmm... I'll just take my knitting with me to the ball game tonight... yeah.. thats what I'll do. Okay.. where's my hook?

(.

((..

(((… Good MoRnInG ……….

Hope all is well with everyone!!!

Well darn it... no work on the bearghan yesterday. I'm so close to being done too!!! Ended up frogging a double knit hot pad all the way back to the beginning. I'm back on track now with it though. Maybe I'll put it down to make a half granny for the bearghan. That would be better than nothing. I want to get it done! Hmm... I'll just take my knitting with me to the ball game tonight... yeah.. thats what I'll do. Okay.. where's my hook?

:lol your funny Teakay lol,

I am already planning next colors for another full size bearghan.. this time I may make it bigger.!!!. and i mean BIG!. I would LOVE for it to go on my bed HAHAHAHA (can u imagine hubby's face to come home from selling ice cream and find a huge bear shape blanket on our bed!!!.)

mabey I will make it holding a HUGE ice cream cone!:D:lol

Rite now whilst I waite for money for yarn to compleate the girls baby doll bear blankets , i started a Hex baby doll blanket. im just flusterd on the join as u go method.. i'm just not getting it :bang

Archived