Hi everyone!

elyza_ann

Hi everyone I am so glad I stumbled into this site today. I have never seen so many cool things all in one place. I am excited to be able to share and interact with so many people who love to crochet like I do. I have been crocheting since I was 4 when my grandma showed me to how make a granny square on one of our RV vacations. I used to make tons of things (dolls, Barbie items, thread table cloths, etc) and even won some county fair awards but when I started college I just stopped. So when I found out almost everyone I knew was having a kid (or two) this year I decided to pick up my hook and start making booties. Money is tight and I can make everyone something great with just a little yarn and some time. Right now I am rusty at reading patterns but I think it will come back to me as I move into making new things. I have found my patience is not what it once was so I like quick, fast working patterns now instead of the complex ones I liked as a kid. Well I will shut up now (I tend to ramble) because it is time for bed. Good night all and God bless!!! :sleep

Hi..I'm just getting back into crocheting too...I find it's easier to TALK the pattern to yourself when you're doing it..(I already told my husband to keep his comments to himself about me talking to myself or he gets to help me make yarn balls...he HATES that..so far he's being quiet...):lol

Welcome -- It felt like Christmas when I found this site too! Wow -- crocheting at 4 is quite an accomplishment. My grandson turned 4 today and he just asked me a couple of days ago to show him how. I worked at showing him how to chain but he just did not have the dexterity yet. He is very interested so I will keep at it from time to time. He loves to know how to do everything. Such an inquisitive child! I think that is a good sign for intelligence level! :)

Archived