Plaid inspiration

chillrr

First I did one for my son...the red and black (The only picture I could find had the cats on his bed - unmade of course-lol)- where my DH devised me a system to keep the yarn from tangling (cardboard box, dividers and slats cut into the side - I had 10 skeins going at once)...then I did the yellow one for my nephew and that one I entered into the State Fair and won 2nd place.

For the baby blanket I followed the main pattern exactly, just used baby-fine and a smaller hook and it came out the correct size. It really is yellow and green, but the color combo makes the green look blue. My nephew loves it.

post-42009-135897662927_thumb.jpg

post-42009-135897662931_thumb.jpg

post-42009-135897663197_thumb.jpg

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Love it!!!! •¨¯`•

:heart

:mug

Thank you everyone - I'll let DH know you all find him very clever ( he is :) ) feel free to borrow the idea - it is a great way to keep everything straight (and recycling to boot) - and it eliminated him from helping me detangle (he created it after the second time he helped me detangle).

Sama - yes it is a pattern from one of the many hefty afghan books I own - which are all packed at the moment as I am attempting to get my house on the market to sell - if I get a chance to look through that box I'll let you know which book (it is several years old) - all I remember is that the sample was done in black and blue (I think) and the photo was on the right side when you looked at it - lol - but I cannot remember the name of the book.

Archived