entrelac border on a baby blanket

missmaxx

Question

Hi!

I'm stumped. I made "How to Crochet a Nappy Cake" by Carolyn Christmas. It's a wonderful pattern and I'm very happy with the result. But, I've tried several times to make the blanket with the entrelac edge with some pretty funny results. :lol The shower has come and gone. The cake was a huge hit but missing that beautiful blanket. I've seen a few tutorials on creating the little squares/triangles. I can't seem to find help with making them on the edge of the blanket.

I did a row of embroidered blanket stitch around like the pattern says but just can't seem to get my brain around the next step. Any help will be greatly appreciated. :D

post-7401-13589766258_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

I don't have the pattern, but I have done Tunisian entrelac on several occasions. I'm not sure how she has it written. Is it Tunisian or single crochet? I know Carolyn does both.

The nappy cake looks fabulous! :clap

Thanks nicole, I'm not sure how to tell if it's Tunisian or single crochet.

Sorry, I'm a real rookie at this. The instructions tell me to use a size I hook. Will that help?

I guess I should attempt to follow a tutorial for entrelac first before I try to do this on a blanket. Can you recommend one?

The instructions say "Skip the first vertical bar"????? I need to get a very basic beginner lesson.

Since it's telling you to skip the first vertical bar, it's definitely Tunisian. I suggest starting with learning the Tunisian simple stitch. It's not difficult at all if you have decent instructions. Here's a link to a good tutorial - http://www.crochetcabana.com/specialty/tunisian.htm.

If that doesn't work well for you, try going a search for Tunisian crochet tutorials. There are a lot of resources available. Once you have that down, the entrelac will be easier.

Archived