Cords for a cause

I'd like to request your scraps!!! I'm making tartan style crochet lapghans and rugs. to donate to nursing homes and animal shelters in my area. I would appreciate any help I can get with this cause. I need cords of chain-link crochet. any color and no less than 3 foot long. single stand for lapghans and double strand for pet rugs. Please if anyone could help that would be great. PM me for my address.

I didn't think about hook sizes :blush I'm not sure if it will make much difference the hook size. the different sizes may give the lapghans & Rugs more texture and add to the beauty of them so no I will not set any restrictions on that.

so just a crochet a 3' plus of chains and that is all? That is almost to easy..and a great way to use stash. Let me see what I can do!

what she said, can you show us an example of your use of them, so we can see and get a better grasp on how you intend to use them, pwetty pwease! Thanks!

I'm not making these exact patterns but here are a few links to what I'm making

I'm going to make all of the meshing them weave your cords into them.

http://www.come2mum.com/~crochetkist/Projects/tartan-Keegan.html

http://www.e-patternscentral.com/detail.html?prod_id=3571

http://www.freevintagecrochet.com/potholders/tartan-s87.html

Ohhhhh thanks, now I get it! I did this once, well twice actually as the recipient ordered it for a gift,and then liked it so much, kept that one, and I was asked to do another, lol They were fun, both raspberry and white, if I recall....Might be on my photobucket page, i don't remember. Thanks for the clairfication! Would you rather have the yarn to make the cords, or the cords already made??:?

Well yarn or cords is fine... cords would mean a little less work for me ;) Yarn I could use for the meshing as well. I'm not picky surprise me!!! any help would be appreciated

Thank you in advance

Lori

Ohhhhh thanks, now I get it! I did this once, well twice actually as the recipient ordered it for a gift,and then liked it so much, kept that one, and I was asked to do another, lol They were fun, both raspberry and white, if I recall....Might be on my photobucket page, i don't remember. Thanks for the clairfication! Would you rather have the yarn to make the cords, or the cords already made??:?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm sorry for not getting back here sooner... I;m recovering from arm surgery and I'm still unable to crochet or really use my arm at all. I have not received enough to start any project as of yet. I'm still hoping for some more donations. Dr. says 2 more weeks until I can use my arm then I need to see how I do at crocheting again.

thanks again and I will share pix as soon as I can I too can't wait to see them completed :)

I'm sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope you feel better soon. I would like to make you some cords. Please PM me your address when you can. ... Would you like the ends tucked in?:)

Archived