Hello from NC

Bizzy_GG

New to Crochetville but not new to crochet. Self-taught about 35 yrs. ago and now am trying to get into a craft guild here so I can display and sell some stuff (hopefully). I've tried lots of other crafts (knitting, polymer clay, jewelry, sewing, and some others) but none have stuck with me like crochet.

I'm mom to 5 adult kids, grandma to 28, and great-grandma (G.G.) to 7. Not all of them live nearby so I really tend to spoil the ones who are here all the time.

I (we) have 2 dogs, a 13 yr. old dachshund (Heidi), and a 3 yr. old boxer, Roxy. Both are our babies and spoiled rotten, but we love 'em.

As far as crocheting goes, right now I am trying to find patterns for quick and easy best sellers for craft fairs. I'm doing potholders and dishcloths made with worsted weight cotton, water bottle covers and hot pads. I'm also making tote bags from plarn (plastic yarn). They're fun and inexpensive to make and people seem to really like the idea behind them.

My husband retired last March and I retired about a year and a half ago. Now we spend lots of time in the garden, but he also makes hats on Knifty Knitter looms. We send hats to Duke Raleigh Cancer Center for chemo patients. Its just a feel good thing because when I was a patient there, I was treated so well that I wanted to give a little something back.

I've rambled on enough but I have to say that I'm glad I found Crochetville and new friends. Til next time..............have a great day!

Archived