Soda Can Cozy

While this isn't the first original item I've ever made, it's the first I've ever written down. Please let me know if there are any errors that need correcting.

Soda Can Cozy

Made with 4 ply Medium WW yarn, size E/4/3.5mm hook.

Dc/rf (raised dc at front of fabric): yo, working fr front and right to left, insert hook into st or around stem of indicated st, yo, pull loop up to desired length, (yo, pull loop through 2 loops) twice.

Join (unless otherwise indicated): Join w/ sl st in top of tch or beg chain of round.

Rnd 1: Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch fr hk. Join w/sl st in 1st sc. Do not turn.

Rnd 2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each st. Join. Do not turn.

Rnd 3: Ch 1, *sc in next st, 2 sc in next st. Rep fr * around. Join. Do not turn.

Rnd 4: Rep Rnd 3.

Rnd 5: Ch 1, *sc in ea of next 2 sts, 2sc in next st. Rep fr * around, skipping last st. Join. Do not turn.

Rnd 6: Ch 4, work dc/rf into 2nd to the last sc of previous rnd, *sk next 2 sts, dc in next st, ch 1, work dc/rf into 1st of last 2 sts skipped. Rep fr * to last 2 sts. Join w/sl st into 3rd ch of beg chain of this. Turn.

Rnd 7: Ch 1, sc into first dc, sc into first ch 1 spc, *sc each of next 2 sts, sc into next ch 1 spc. Rep fr * around, ending with sc in last ch 1 spc. Join. Turn.

Rnd 8: Ch 4, work dc/rf around stem of dc 2 rows below the 2nd to the last sc of prev rnd, *sk next 2 sts, dc into next st, ch 1, work dc/rf around stem of dc 2 rows below 1st st of last 2 skipped sts. Rep fr * around to last 2 sts. Join w/sl st into 3rd ch of beg chain of this.

Rnd 9:

• For coaster cozy: Do not turn and skip to Final Rnd.
  • For full soda can cozy: Turn and rep Rnds 7-8 5 more times. Do not turn.
  • For full water bottle cozy: Turn and rep Rnds 7-8 8 more times or to desired height. Do not turn.

Final Rnd: Rep Rnd 7. Tie off and weave in ends.

Archived