Pam's Comfort Cables

NexStitch

A group of designers got together to create a cabled, granny square afghan for Pam Gillette, a crochet designer who was diagnosed with breast cancer last Fall. After making the afghan and sending it to her, they each wrote up the directions for their square and I took the pictures and laid out the booklet. It's now for sale at Knit Picks, who graciously donated the yarn for this project. 100% of the proceeds go directly to Pam Gillette to help defray her medical costs. There's more of a backstory about my meeting Pam several years ago on my blog. Check out Pam's -Ghan!

post-1544-135897660081_thumb.jpg

post-1544-135897660083_thumb.jpg

post-1544-135897660071_thumb.jpg

post-1544-135897660085_thumb.jpg

Love the crocheters put into their squares will make Pam feel better - for sure! The afghan is beautiful and so special! :clap:clap:clap

A lovely afghan which is highly treasured, I know. I enjoyed seeing it in all the different pretty rooms, too. Glad KP has it up on their site and I noticed how reasonably priced the kit for it is! Nice!

A lovely afghan which is highly treasured, I know. I enjoyed seeing it in all the different pretty rooms, too. Glad KP has it up on their site and I noticed how reasonably priced the kit for it is! Nice!

To purchase the entire kit it's like $98 before shipping! I think the price you were looking at was just for 3 skeins of the yarn.

Thanks everyone! It was a total group effort and an absolute pleasure to do.

As for the person inquiring/mentioning the location of the photos. I felt like I scored BIG TIME in that my mother has a client with an amazing home at the Jersey Shore in an affluent town. It's a Shore house through and through. My mother happened to be working there the day I was scheduled to take pictures of the blanket and wound up using the house. There were so many great places to take pictures in this house. It was endless.

FYI for those who have purchased this booklet:

You caught us. There's an issue with the copyright image that Knit Picks attaches to their pdfs: it's blocking the pattern text, as some of you have noticed (and that isn't pretty, is it?). To receive a new version of Pam's Comfort Cables - without the copyright blocking the pattern text - please contact Knit Picks customer service at:

phone: 1-800-574-1323

email: http://www.knitpicks.com/cfhelp/EmailForm.cfm?subject=7#top

I appreciate all your patience and willingness to assume to best in us designers, as we're not trying to give you an inferior product!

As soon as I saw this afghan, I knew I had to buy the pattern. I LOVE crocheting cables. Plus, this is such an amazing cause. I have never seen a company donate 100% of proceeds before. Truly the best $5 I have spent in a long time.

• 3 weeks later...

This is awesome, beautiful blanket for a wonderful cause! get better soon Pam!!!!!! Wil be buying this pattern for sure!

<3

What wonderful people the contributors to this beautiful afghan are. Coincidentally, my SIL (and current crochet student) and I saw it featured here a couple of days ago and decided to tackle it. The back story makes it all the more special because a close family friend has struggled with breast cancer herself. We're very happy to contribute at least a little to Pam's medical needs. Please keep us posted. GBU :angel

Archived