Show us your work spot!

I'll update, but I think you're going to be surprised. Let me go get the camera. This will take a few minutes... bye for now!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Do you remember what my space looked like when I started this thread? Something along the lines of piled up to teetering? Well I had been looking at my coffee table and thinking that it was starting to bug me. It was getting hard to find stuff and just making a dive into the mess often wouldn't snag the item I was looking for. I rarely knew if a book I wanted was buried in all that or on the shelf or... well, you get the picture. It was a mound of crochet and knitting stuff and was getting on my nerves. But did I do anything about it? Noooo-oooo. I just kept piling on and sighing over the debris. Tomorrow night two weeks ago it happened. I knocked over a glass of water right into all the books and yarn and needles. Uh oh. Now I didn't have a choice if I wanted to save my books, not to mention the wood in the coffee table. I cleared it to the wood and put things away which hadn't seen their rightful place in months. Then I pulled out a pretty doily and set a box of tissues on it. Every night I clear it all off before going to bed. To my surprise a couple of days later my husband spontaneously cleared off his end table, too. We agree that the whole living room looks much cleaner and happier.

How long will I keep it up? I don't know. A long time, I hope. I'm including a picture of the bags which, yes, are still in the floor. You can see one of my crochet projects spilling out the top and there is a knitting project in the bag closest to the computer. We'll see how it goes...

post-11235-135897733261_thumb.jpg

post-11235-135897733265_thumb.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Carla! You sure have done a lot of straightening up. (please don't take that the wrong way):clap And now your hubby got into the act too?? Congratulations.:yay Doesn't it feel great to wake up in the morning and walk out to see your spot all ready for you? :crocheting

Wow Carla! You sure have done a lot of straightening up. (please don't take that the wrong way):clap And now your hubby got into the act too?? Congratulations.:yay Doesn't it feel great to wake up in the morning and walk out to see your spot all ready for you? :crocheting
The wrong way? Not at all. I'm a little peeved at myself for having to spill a glass of water into the mess to make me clean it up, that's all. (Having company would have done it, too. In a heartbeat! :devil) You're right, Jana. I love to get up to a clean space every day!

Archived