Show us your work spot!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-18634-135897664846_thumb.jpg

Anyone that knows whats been going on in my house over the last several months... knows why this little spot in my living room is important!

As soon as I get my Craft Room cleaned back up from my daughter and her children.... I can move back in there... but for now.......... this is an awesome spot!

:heart

:mug

:tryme come on show us your stuff:lol

Oh Crud!!! I forgot AGAIN!!!!

[ATTACH]40271[/ATTACH]

Anyone that knows whats been going on in my house over the last several months... knows why this little spot in my living room is important!

As soon as I get my Craft Room cleaned back up from my daughter and her children.... I can move back in there... but for now.......... this is an awesome spot!

Tam - I am so, so happy for you!

[ATTACH]40271[/ATTACH]

This looks so peaceful, Tam. I think I might go to sleep in that recliner... :yawn And I notice how neat you are, too. I think I'm jealous of you neat ones. I clean up and then start piling and tossing again.

Oh, that recliner looks so cozy. And a real, honest-to-goodness basket for your yarn! That's my daydream - a recliner with a basket of yarn and some hooks and needles.

I'm really enjoying this thread. I find myself trying to picture where all of you are! :)

This morning I was taking pics of the grandkids and I remembered:idea A promise was made to take a pic of my work spot. So, without further ado..... (and a pic of the grands - Tam, the youngest one is who you "met" when you were down here)

post-5504-135897666305_thumb.jpg

post-5504-135897666308_thumb.jpg

Beautiful, Jana! — Oh, and your workspot is nice, too. ;) No, honestly I am totally admiring the gorgeous afghan on your recliner and loving the picture of the adorable children you get to look at while you crochet! So glad you posted!

I will play.. although it's a bit cluttered at the moment. with kids home for summer My spot never stays neat LOL!!. i'm going to soon get me a new desk or something to replace the one I have as it's broken and holding upon one side by 1 screw and my chair up against it. but I wan to get something I can put my printer on.. and have drawers to put stuff in.

Then that's my chair I use to crochet in.. I"m hoping to get a rocking recliner when we get new furniture next yr.

Don't mind my hideous look. I don't do my hair other then brushing it if im not going anywhere lol. so I have my "Frump around the house look" going

Pic 1 is my "Crochet/pc chair"

pic 2 is my "desk" I.e Clutter catcher, where i keep extra "scrap" yarn , some patterns and mady's Knifty Kniter suplies are stored with mine.

post-31502-135897666311_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897666314_thumb.jpg

This morning I was taking pics of the grandkids and I remembered:idea A promise was made to take a pic of my work spot. So, without further ado..... (and a pic of the grands - Tam, the youngest one is who you "met" when you were down here)

:clap:clapHurray you remembered!!:clap grandkids are adorable.. I love your cozy area:clap

I will play.. although it's a bit cluttered at the moment. with kids home for summer My spot never stays neat LOL!!. i'm going to soon get me a new desk or something to replace the one I have as it's broken and holding upon one side by 1 screw and my chair up against it. but I wan to get something I can put my printer on.. and have drawers to put stuff in.

Then that's my chair I use to crochet in.. I"m hoping to get a rocking recliner when we get new furniture next yr.

Don't mind my hideous look. I don't do my hair other then brushing it if im not going anywhere lol. so I have my "Frump around the house look" going

pic 2 is my "desk" I.e Clutter catcher, where i keep extra "scrap" yarn , some patterns and mady's Knifty Kniter suplies are stored with mine.

:clap:clap:clapHey love it!!! just like me take me the way I am!! :clap great seeing !

And you also included your darling little girl who must be your #1 Helper! Good! Love the worktable — it looks remarkably like my piles of stuff! :lol Hey, we're busy!

lol you know what? i did not realize Cheyenne was in the pic Till you said it I mean I know she was in the pic with me at the PC. but I didnt realize she was in the one with just my "clutter corner". and I had to go back n look!!! LOL> she just blended into my Clutter HAHAH.

but yes she trys to help. she's normaly happier bothering her siblings lol

First of all... your spot looks VERY COMFY!

And are you serious.............. thats the little one?:eek Um... wow.... guess it was over a year ago. Oh sigh :sigh.... time flys!

Beautiful, Jana! — Oh, and your workspot is nice, too. ;) No, honestly I am totally admiring the gorgeous afghan on your recliner and loving the picture of the adorable children you get to look at while you crochet! So glad you posted!

Thanks ~ That afghan pattern waited 2 years before it was finally made for ME. Yup, one of those ME projects. Only me and the grands are allowed to use it. Greedy?? Nah. :lol

Hideous look? Who? You have the "I'm at home and being comfy" look going on. Love how you have your computer right with you. I still have a desktop in a different room from where I crochet.

:clap:clapHurray you remembered!!:clap grandkids are adorable.. I love your cozy area:clap

Yup, it is pretty cozy. If you look over to the far right, against the wall, the blue bag? It is a TurtleLvr bag. Holds a whole afghan project - of which there is no project at this point in time.

First of all... your spot looks VERY COMFY!

And are you serious.............. thats the little one?:eek Um... wow.... guess it was over a year ago. Oh sigh :sigh.... time flys!

Tam - yes, that is the "little one". :lol Of course he was 9 lbs 11 ozs when he made his entrance into this world. He has never stopped growing. Hey, would you like a hint about the purse/tote swap? Do you see the see thru bag to the left of my chair? The multicolored yarn showing thru the bag is what I am using to make my swap partner's tote/bag. Shhh...don't tell her. :hook

•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•

::: (\_(\ ...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

*: (=' :') :::::::: Good Morning::::::::::::::::::::

•.. (,('')('')¤...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Have a wonderful day! Stay safe and comfortable!

Busy day here…. But at least now…. It’s a happy busy!

Thanks ~

Tam - yes, that is the "little one". :lol Of course he was 9 lbs 11 ozs when he made his entrance into this world. He has never stopped growing. Hey, would you like a hint about the purse/tote swap? Do you see the see thru bag to the left of my chair? The multicolored yarn showing thru the bag is what I am using to make my swap partner's tote/bag. Shhh...don't tell her. :hook

I had to go back and peek.... hehehhee... thats cool.. I'm having fun with that swap! My partner is really sweet too... and has been really good with communication! So far its been pretty easy to make stuff for her!

yeah.... almost 10lb baby.... I guess he would grow fast... LOL

• 6 months later...

I loved reading these posts! Its such a relief to know that I'm not the only one with piles and or bags where I sit!! No pics for me, yet, maybe later on when I get a new couch, right now we don't have a couch (long story, I just sit at the computer and crochet!!)

• 4 weeks later...

Is there anyone out there who wants to show us your special spot or update a pic you took from an earlier time? Was just going back and looking over this thread - it is so much fun to see where other yarnies enjoy spending their hook and yarn time.

Here is my winter work spot, right next to the fire in the family room. The picnic basket holds my 63 squares afghan. I keep all my yarn and books in a couple of tall pantry type cabinets with shelves that are in my basement sewing area. My UFOs are in the wooden cabinet and in the basket on top of it. This cabinet lives in the computer room/office.

post-6189-13589773306_thumb.jpg

post-6189-135897733064_thumb.jpg

Archived