jaytea

Question regarding links

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could please tell me why that there are some website links here on Crochetville where part of the address is stars (******)?

Is there any way to find the correct complete website address?

Thanks so much for any help!

JT

Because if a website is not allowed to be posted here that will happen to prevent the link from getting posted. Could be the websites violates coyright or something or other reasons. Most all the yarn company websites like red heart, lion brand and such there is no worry posting those. Mary

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could please tell me why that there are some website links here on Crochetville where part of the address is stars (******)?

Is there any way to find the correct complete website address?

Thanks so much for any help!

JT

Some are blocked sites such as cache sites that can show old patterns but they are not allowed here at Crochetville as there is no way for the admins here at Crochetville to know if the owner really wants the content to be re-created here. Therefore they block these links from showing here.

The ***** appear when a site has been added to our filters. There is a post in the Forum Guidelines/Rules folder that gives an explanation. Here is what it says:

What does it mean when a link I posted appears with a bunch of *********?

When a link appears with a bunch of ******** that means the site you’re trying to link to has been added to our site filters so it can’t be posted here. The link that appears will also not function. Sites can be added to our filters for a number of reasons, including but not limited to:

• The site has posted vintage patterns without including proper citation/credit of the original source

• The site has posted patterns copyrighted by others and does not state that they have permission to distribute these patterns

• The site has posted patterns of trademarked/copyrighted characters/logos/images/etc. without stating that they have made appropriate licensing arrangements with the trademark/copyright owners

• The site contains material of an adult or graphic nature

• The site contains other material that could not be posted at Crochetville due to our guidelines

If you notice a link you posted appears with the ********, please go back and edit or delete your post to remove the link and all references to the site in question.

I forgot to say: no, there is no way to find out what those links actually are. Links that cannot be shared on the forum are also not to be sent to other Crochetville members by any other method (i.e., private message or email).

... and we're not allowed to give hints in order to back door our way into finding them either.