Wanna see my craft (stash) closet & blanket chest?

I was an insomniac the night before my thumb surgery so I thought - why not be a "productive" insomniac...

crept down to the family room and pulled out about 2 dozen (maybe more!) bags that were an "avalanche" each time the under-the-stairs craft closet was opened and came tumbling out.

I snagged several clear bins from the other (unfinished) side of my basement and slowly got to work - I even had energy to get the blanket chest whose lid wouldn't shut - organized too! Now all my pound yarn, threads, boucle, scraps, tools and cotton is in see thru bins and easy to get at!

Once the dd is totally moved after she's married and room is emptied - I will now only have to transfer the bins up to that closet (which is MUCH bigger) and I will then have a whole craft ROOM! :cheer:clap:cheer

Once I finished this project - about an hour-and-a-half - I went back to bed and fell right asleep! :yes

Liked the feeling of a "spring cleaned" craft closet!;)

post-10396-135897658015_thumb.jpg

post-10396-135897658019_thumb.jpg

I'd love to have the space you've got under the stairs! It would be a big improvement on my craft area - which is part of my clothes closet. It all fits together like a puzzle, and whenever I get anything out it's a chore to get it all back together properly.

Someday I'll use one of the kids' rooms and have my own craft room...but I don't think it'll be any time soon.

You did a great job organizing everything! I hope the surgery went well! :manyheart

Awww - you ladies make me blush :blush - it really wasn't all that difficult! ;)

If you have a nice cup of strong tea or coffee or like lots of AWAKE time when you should be sleeping -:lol

Just make sure you have plenty of clear (not solid color) totes on hand and a spare box to put the throw-away stuff in

It doesn't take that long and now I am so glad I did it - for when I move it up two floors to the crafting room!

:cheer:clap:cheer

• 3 weeks later...

I envy anyone with a craft room or even space to put crafts. I have a few boxes in my bedroom closet and a chase type lounge chair that lifts up and has storage under it that I put yarn in. But my bulk of my craft supplies is in a storage unit across town. Along with everything else that wont fit in my house that I need to go through. Congrats Shuttlebuggy on reorginizing your crafts. Looks very nice!

Archived