Tulip curtain

Apak

Tulip curtain... or rather tulip edging for the curtain :) Well I started it almost 2 years ago :eek and it was waiting for the cloth for about a year... and FINALLY I made it!

post-30828-135897656971_thumb.jpg

separator.gif

post-30828-135897656966_thumb.jpg

post-30828-135897656969_thumb.jpg

How beautiful, as is all your work!

How did you ever find time to make these gorgeous curtains with a brand new baby? Oh, to be young and have all that energy!

That little girl is going to have many family heirlooms.... nice!

I love crocheted curtains and yours are lovely. awesome work. What kind of material is your main curtain out of and did you sew on the tulip crochet edging?

Quite beautiful Anna! You are very adept with the hook.

I have photos somewhere taken in all my aunt's kitchens and they always put the crochet panels behind the kitchen stoves to catch grease splatter. these matched the window curtains too. Do they still do this in Europe? I never could understand this because of all the time and effort in the crochet work.

Thank you for your compliments!

How beautiful, as is all your work!

How did you ever find time to make these gorgeous curtains with a brand new baby? Oh, to be young and have all that energy!

That little girl is going to have many family heirlooms.... nice!

Well, there is the older (6yo) brother too... :lol When people ask me how I find time for crocheting etc, I always say that's the main reason I don't go crazy... :D Keeps me sane...:D

I love crocheted curtains and yours are lovely. awesome work. What kind of material is your main curtain out of and did you sew on the tulip crochet edging?

Thank you! The material is tulle and I sew on the edging. Tulle is quite transparent and looks delicate.

Quite beautiful Anna! You are very adept with the hook.

I have photos somewhere taken in all my aunt's kitchens and they always put the crochet panels behind the kitchen stoves to catch grease splatter. these matched the window curtains too. Do they still do this in Europe? I never could understand this because of all the time and effort in the crochet work.

Maybe somewhere you could find crochet panels, but rather for decoration, I think. You can see them in cottages in "folk museums" and crocheters treasure them :)

Thank you for your compliments!

Well, there is the older (6yo) brother too... :lol When people ask me how I find time for crocheting etc, I always say that's the main reason I don't go crazy... :D Keeps me sane...:D

That's what I always say, too!

Archived