another newbie from bucks county, pa

Hi ~ This is my 4th post and am wondering whether members think I'm a troller - I've killed 3threads with my first 3posts.

One of my posts was that I'm a newbie in Bucks County, PA, one that I hope to move Asheboro, NC (from PA), one that I'm a strong leftie but crocheting is my only right activity.

Am I paranoid?

Welcome to Crochetville! I don't think you're paranoid. Often, when one joins a forum or group, until one is used to how things work technically, putting a thumb here or there is not unusual and you shouldn't get discouraged by that. This is a terrific site, relax and if you don't understand something, ask! Hope you enjoy Crochetville!

I'm also from Bucks County - I am familiar with Doylestown. I had a flying lesson at the airport there last year!

You sound like me. I also have hopes to move to NC when I am able to retire. However, with a grandson now, I can't bear the thoughts of moving too far away from him and my kids.

I've been crocheting for 30+ years now, ever since my mother-in-law taught me.

Welcome to Crochetville!

:welcome Hi there ~ from Wayne County, PA! ... I went to a baby shower not far from you a couple weeks ago. It was at a place called Earle's Bucks County. Very nice place! Lovely area! I crochet for premies, too. I make small baby blankets. :)

crocheting blankets - don't think I have the patience for that - I'm impressed. I like to crochet 'one' and move on to my next design & color quick. I've crocheted an American flag, hunters' caps, baseball caps, different colors, *s Kiss, eyeballs, and other ideas. The neonatal nurse who takes 'em is my sister-in-law, she & her co-workers & the parents get a kick out of my creations. I can't crochet as quick as the ideas come! I crochet in the car while my husband drives; if only I could figure out how to crochet when I'm riding my bike!

Another hospital I crochet for takes only pastel pink, & blue caps. The hospital did a survey & found mothers only want the 2colors. They don't get as many caps.

I also crochet curlyq's & balls for cats. What does anyone crochet for dogs (I don't want them feeling left out!)?

Wow! That's awesome that you are so creative and can do lots of different things! Thanks for adding about the survey done for colors. I'll definitely keep that in mind. I tend to work mostly with baby colors, but sometimes I'll work with bolder colors thinking that there's a special baby out there whose parents would like something a bit "non-traditional". ... Okay, well, enjoy your weekend & see ya 'round!!! :)

Doylestown Hospital is the one who prefers pastel pink & pastel blue; I have even yarn which is pastel pink-blue-yellow-green, very soft, but haven't used it for them. I forget which hospital my sis-i-l works for - Abington maybe? They take all colors & patterns and get most of my creations.

HELLO!!! You are gonna find this place f a n - t a b - u l o u s!!!!!!!!!

Archived