Pretty Hexagons

rivkee

I would keep making more of them and make yourself a beautiful blanket.

I read about your hook experiment. It's very interesting. You might want to contact Jimbo here on Crochetville and tell him what you've discovered. He makes wooden hooks and understands what proportions work correctly. I think his site is Jimbo's Front Porch.

Those would make a beautiful afghan! That would be my choice!

Thanks for all the input. I'm kind of quaking at the thought of making enough for an afghan, but you're right, that's probably what I should do. I want to add more colors, though. The main pattern is yellow, bright pink, green, and then two related colors, like red and pink, and then white. I have blues, reds, and purples. Maybe orange is next.

WIP. Not sure what to do with these. Any suggestions?

They are beautiful- how about a pretty scarf? Or of course a blanket! BTW, I found your hook experiment very interesting~

Thanks for all the input. I'm kind of quaking at the thought of making enough for an afghan, but you're right, that's probably what I should do. I want to add more colors, though. The main pattern is yellow, bright pink, green, and then two related colors, like red and pink, and then white. I have blues, reds, and purples. Maybe orange is next.

You could make it just to the lapghan size or another idea I just saw this last year for the first time, Bed Scarves (think like a table runner for beds -- Bed runners)! They go across the foot of your bed to add a splash of color against an otherwise solid color duvet. Really livens up a room and only requires a much shorter version of an afghan. Here is the book that I originally saw, but you could use just part of any afghan pattern: http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=78869 I am actually thinking of using this idea for my bedroom makeover. I'll get a good quality solid color duvet -- probably white and then make several Bed Scarves with different colors & patterns so I can change the look at will! :)

Another option would be to make a pair of pillows! :) Whatever you make with those pretty Hexagons, I am sure it will turn out great!

Archived