Obsessive Caribbean Crocheter

Hi. I'm from a small island in the Atlantic Ocean - very few craft shops here but I know them all. :)

I'm a dabbler and have tried all sorts of crafts but crochet is the thing I fret about the most. I abhor seeing seams and love to research ways to have my work come out seamless and tidy.

Same goes for my sewing actually...

I'm not very extroverted so I'm hoping to find a few crochet friends on here to share my works with and help guide me along.

Pleased to be meet you!

Hello from Minnesota! You can do it.. !! Keep trying to crochet.. It really isn't that difficult.. If you need some help just PM me.. I will help, if I can.. Monica

Thanks for the warm welcomes everybody. ^_^

I'll be sure to put all the interesting things I learn on here. Hoping to get a camera soon and trying to borrow one in the meantime. I crochet every day.

Right now wondering how I can improve my crochet speed and saw some eye candy called Mosaic Crochet elsewhere. So many techniques, so little sleep. :)

HELLO!!! You are gonna find this place f a n - t a b - u l o u s!!!!!!!!!

• 10 months later...

Been a while since last here. Since first posting, I've deviated from crochet a bit and discovered the knook - a lot of my future efforts will go into learning as much as I can about it.

Fact is, I've a lot to say and have been trying to start a blog without success. It's always the same thing - you need a focus and mine tends to leapfrog randomly, at odd times too. :)

I'm still obsessive though, but right now it's on the knook and all that can be done with it. I'm even carving tiny ones with wood and Xacto knife. Fun!

Right now I want to say another big Thank you to all the members who welcomed me before. I've never really forgotten this place but life has been challenge after challenge for a while - emotional & physical - as it is for lots of us.

Wrapping up: 1) I want to make a business out of my crafty, learning obsessive skills and am not sure how. 2) I'm likely to lose the Net as early as next week but will visit my Library (where surfing is free) to check and admire everything this friendly place has going on.

I really do need the support of other crafters, so I'm happy to be here again. ^_^

Welcome from Ladson, South Carolina. I love to crochet, too, among other things, like quilting, sewing, knitting, scrapbook, really almost any type of craft. Welcome to Crochetville, we love seeing pictures, too :O)

Archived