My first doily

crochetfun

what a great doily. :cheer never would have guessed a first by any means. i love the color too. so many doilies are done in just neutral colors. great to see such a nice doily in a great color, bet i pretty vase of flowers would be beautiful displayed on it.

nadine

ps- keep up the great work! you should be very proud.

Thank you so much, everyone:)

I got motivated to make a doily when I returned after a 4-day holiday to a freshly painted family room. (a surprise by my daughter, her boyfriend and my son)

The colour of the walls is pretty close to the colour of the doily. I had the thread sitting there, have been wanting to try crocheting pineapples for a while so... there is the result.

I am quite pleased with it, so the next one just might be a size 10. I must say the pattern was very good and clearly written. (and free:lol )

Beautiful doily....Did you mention what size thread you did use? I'm curious cause it sure looks nice!

What a great doily! I really like the color, too. I'm one of those "nuetral color doily makers," but I've been inspired to try a little color. I admired doilies for a long time and when I made my first one, I was addicted. Enjoy the addiction, and keep posting your finished projects.

Archived