Easter potholder I made

craftyone

I made this Easter potholder using a basketweave stitch I had seen in a free dishcloth pattern from Maggie's Crochet for the basket part. The rest is my own creation. Would this be considered original since I used a stitch pattern from another design??

post-19583-135897652945_thumb.jpg

post-19583-13589765295_thumb.jpg

Partly my own. As I said above, I got the idea for the basketweave stitch from a dishcloth pattern from Maggie's Crochet. The rest is my own design; but I don't know if I can call it original since I used the stitch from another pattern for the basket part.

Totally adorable!

Are you actually going to use it?

I actually made them for one of my customers(I have a small craft store);

I think they are more for decorative use that actual use.

Thank you Rose and everyone for the nice comments. I'm thinking of writing up the instructions, but I'm concerned about doing so since the basket part was inspired by a dishcloth from Maggie's Crochet (#105waffle ice cream). I'm new to designing and writing up my patterns and am worried about how much I can use from another design and have it be considered original. What do you think?

No one can copyright a stitch including a basketweave st. So long as you know how to make it and write it in your own words you should be fine.

I thought so; but I'm new to designing. Hearing it from a designer like you makes me feel more comfortable about trying to write it up. Thank you. It's past Easter, but I'll try to write it up and post it here.

Lots of people use basketweave sts to make baskets, boxes and pot type items. Your potholder is absolutely adorable!

Archived