12 inch Square of the Month CAL 2011 Rebooted

Crafty Witch

Well, as it happens nobody asked for any squares for Flag Day, so I didn't put any up. That means I put up two squares for Father's Day.

Okay as promised, for Father's Day, squares designed by guys:

From Crochet Dude Drew Emborsky: Groovy Loops

From Cay Litchfield (suggested by Dragonracer3): a Basic Ripple Sampler Square.

I think the second one will need some adjustments to actually be square, but that shouldn't be too difficult.

yeah, I forgot to say thanks for taking over this cal, I love all the squares , can't wait to get started. Guess I need to get off the 'putor, so I can get started

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okaaay, I had some squares that I was going to put up for the 4th of July, but I forgot to do so. Should I put 'em up late or should I pick out some other bonus squares? I'm thinking that maybe a couple of squares for Bastille day might be an option. Anybody know of some 30 cm (approximately 12") squares by French designers? With symbol charts if they're in French.

• 3 weeks later...

there were a few folks who'd found the old version of this thread and said they were interested in doing this, so thought i'd come and boot this thread up on the lists (and gave them the addy as well) to help them out. love seeing all the squares and variations on them. keep up the good work folks :)

Okay, I went over to the original SOTM CAL 2011 thread to look at the recent posts. The reason the addy Eyrthmother1 provided didn't work was that there was a space in the middle of the word "month." BTW, you don't need the search terms, once you have the thread number.

I'll be putting up August squares tonight.

I also find myself continuing to fall behind on the squares, largely because the heat sucks my motivation to crochet. Still, I did get the first May Square done.

post-11383-135897682823_thumb.jpg

Okay everybody. I now present the August squares:

From the 'Ville itself: Double Treble Burst.

For a Southwestern Flair: Southwest Jewel.

And welcome back, anyone who didn't find the reboot thread until now.

Also, thread business. I'm not seeing any holidays in August to put bonus squares up for. Should I just grab a couple of bonus squares to put up mid-month, or just skip it? Or does someone have another bright idea?

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH]44104[/ATTACH]I think I have caught up :clap pics to follow-- declined the ripple :eek

but have 12 for a lapghan :hook

wow puck,and the rest of you, beautiful work! You must fly through these squares! I have looked in on the thread, but hesitate with so many other things going on, to join as of yet, but I do enjoy your pics, and all of your beautiful sqaures! thanks for the inspiration and the eye candy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Oh very pretty. I'm still checking of course, but then I'm running the CAL. I dunno if anyone else is paying attention.

Now for the November Squares (Okay, so I'm a day late).

Basket of Berries

Yarn Clouds

Oh, we're checking alright!! I'm planning on using the Basket of Berries pattern in a sampler afghan I'm going to make for our County Fair next year!! And I'd love to make just that pattern in all the different colorways--it's amazing how a square can change just by using different color sequences!! Both these squares are really great!! Thanks for sharing!

Collette

well, In case anyone else is still checking this thread will add the afghan later

Lynn--these are both so beautiful!! Check my reply above about using them! Thanks for sharing your talent with us! :hug:hug

Collette

• 2 weeks later...

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie,

In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep, though poppies grow

In Flanders fields.

—Lieutenant Colonel John McCrae (1872-1918), Canadian Army Medical Corps

A square for the day we call Veteran's Day in the US and known variously as Remembrance Day and Armistice Day in other countries.

Archived