April Charity CAL 4/21 - 4/26

nicolep

Oops! I complete forgot about this for April. :blush Thank you Needle Arts for the reminder.

For new comers -

Anything handmade (crochet, knit, sew...whatever you like to do) counts towards the charity CAL. A group of us get together once a month and dedicate six days to charity. We chat about what we're making and lots of other non-craft things that pop up. At the end of the event, we post our totals in big, bold letters so we can all see how much a few people can do.

Feel free to post any questions!

I am working on chemo hats at this time. Just finished a couple squares too for a comfort ghan. Ohhh and btw......this is "Verna" my model. Bought her in a little store in Malvern AR this week. Been looking everywhere for one!

post-43783-135897652307_thumb.jpg

post-43783-135897652312_thumb.jpg

I am working on chemo hats at this time. Just finished a couple squares too for a comfort ghan. Ohhh and btw......this is "Verna" my model. Bought her in a little store in Malvern AR this week. Been looking everywhere for one!

Beautiful hat and very nice model. :clap :clap

That looks like a fun hat. Is it a free pattern? Can you share?

I was actually checking my calendar last week wondering if you would postpone because of Easter. But we have no big plans, so I am in!

Earlier this month, I got some homespun for 99 cents a skein. I bought 30! I was going to use it all for cat mats, but decided to make a few hats too. Here is my first one. I have never used this yarn before.

post-13802-135897652555_thumb.jpg

By the way, thanks for the link to the hat. I really like it and want to try it. I will print the pattern out as soon as I can distract my silly cat, who attacks the printer and knocks it off line. When he leaves the den, I shut the door and print!!

Earlier this month, I got some homespun for 99 cents a skein. I bought 30! I was going to use it all for cat mats, but decided to make a few hats too. Here is my first one. I have never used this yarn before.

[ATTACH]38453[/ATTACH]

By the way, thanks for the link to the hat. I really like it and want to try it. I will print the pattern out as soon as I can distract my silly cat, who attacks the printer and knocks it off line. When he leaves the den, I shut the door and print!!

Beautiful hat and a silly kitty!

I looked for this thread and didn't see it, then I was on vacation and stopped checking the forums. I've been working on my granny stripe lapghan for hospice. It stretched wider when I started working in the chain than I expected, and didn't really notice until I was farther along than I was willing to rip and start over, so its going to be larger than I intended.

I only have a few rows to finish - maybe tonight or tomorrow. I can't decide about a border. I don't want it any wider, but the ends look like they need something. I'm still thinking about how to finish it.

I'll post pics by tomorrow night.

I finished 1 granny stripe hospice lapghan.

My camera battery needs to be charged, but over Easter I moved everything off the carpets to get them cleaned and I still haven't dug down far enough in the furniture and "stuff" piles on the tile area to get to the charger. When I can get a pic, I'll probably post it in show and tell.

Archived