crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Okay so my new SBT is really a SBB - stash buster basket! This thing even felted is huge! Here is a pic of it still filled with bags while it is drying.....it is 11" wide and 9" tall without the handles.....but I love it!

Mama K

post-17419-135897750307_thumb.jpg

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay so my new SBT is really a SBB - stash buster basket! This thing even felted is huge! Here is a pic of it still filled with bags while it is drying.....it is 11" wide and 9" tall without the handles.....but I love it!

Mama K

LOVE IT!!!!!!!! :manyheart

that would make an awesome easter basket :) I love it :)

That was my first thought too! Great minds think alike! :lol

Well I did a bigger hook and added two rounds to the base, so there were more stitches per row......other than that, I always top her SBT with two rounds of sc, rather than double, and do the handles with one row of the sc because with felting, sc holds up better and doesn't 'bow up' like double crochet does.....

Mama K

Bigger hook = what size?

Mama K

I love this 'basket'!!! Love the color!! I definitely have to try this felted. Time to look through stash and pull out some Paton's wool!!!

Had a busy day as expected, but met DH at Applebee's for dinner afterwards!! It was nice and they have some meals on the menu that are low calorie- and also with WW points.

I have a load of laundry on to get a head start- put the white in so I can leave them sit in the dryer overnight!!! Getting ready to work on the wrap--and then will work on the RR for a bit---I really want to finish these two projects so that I can start a SBT!!

Mama K - love the bag!

Joanne - hope you get some accomplished on your 2 projects.

Ann - hope you get to feeling better. You're right - a grandmother's work is never done! My GS has made a request for another RR (he has spiderman one). We have lovely weather but a chance of severe storms tonight.

Mary have a great show! Be safe traveling.

Didn't get to leave as early as I wanted today (had to call the fire department in, smoke in the building--never found the cause but they were sure there wasn't a fire anywhere), so that delayed my work some. Got home and submitted a couple of resumes for DD and she got a call about 15 minutes after we submitted it. She interviewed and I hope she takes the job, some friends are trying to talk her out of it. It's really close to where she's staying, will save a ton of money not driving so far everyday. I'll see her tomorrow and see what she's decided.

Got some crocheting done on the prayer shawl. About halfway done with it. It's really looking pretty and I hope it will be long enough.

Well, I'd better get ready for bed. We have a busy day tomorrow--karate, then I take my friend to Walmart for shopping, and then back home so the boys can go to a birthday party at the zoo (auntie is taking them, not me--can't do all the walking).

Have a great weekend! Hugs to all!

Good morning!

Dollar and a dream is gone! :( Winning mega millions sold in MD! So, it'll be back to work on Monday!

Sherry- Good luck to your DD on her decision. Wow- that was quickest job offer I ever heard of!:eek Submit application and in 15 minutes have an offer! Usually, it takes weeks!!

Hope you all have a good day- it's raining here so I guess it'll be a good afternoon to settle in with some :crocheting after getting my regular Saturday chores done!

BBL!

Good morning all!

I haven't checked my ticket yet....well I know I'm not the big winner but maybe a smaller amount? I never play till something big like this happens....

Thanks all for the kudos on the SBB! Joanne, I used one size hook bigger and I added two rows to the base......made the perfect size basket! Right now the SBB is upside down on a small fan to get the bottom dried!

This morning I go to the new condo complex where I'm moving for a quick orientation. So excited .... ready to move now! Well, nothing is packed so I better not say that!

Wow Sherry, you have the magic touch! I'll remember to use you if I ever want to look for a new job!

Well Baby K is sick.......another item on the agenda is calling and getting her into the doctor today....I believe we have strep yet again.......

Well, I better get moving since I obviously have a lot to handle today!

Sue - thinking of you today! Hope your work day goes well!

Mama K

Kuddles- Hope Baby K doesn't have strep again- but if she does, at least you'll get her started on medication! Have fun getting oriented to the new condo complex!!!

Thanks for the hook info and the 2 row addition to base info. Added those notes to the pattern and hopefully I can finish the RR and summer wrap today/night. Would like to start the SBT tomorrow! time will tell......

Mama K - hope Baby K is ok, good to get her in quick and get started on meds. Good luck on the orientation today. Wish I could find a job that quick!! I guess it's not time for me to move yet. So I'll just keep hanging on at my job.

Will be getting ready to go in a few minutes and be gone most of the day. Will take my crocheting to work on in the car.

Have a great day all!

:hi everyone!!

Prayers going up for the bed-rest only mama of twins... :hug

:hug for everyone, and :manyheart also!

It's been a busy couple of days here - I did get most of the lawn mowed, and I am feeling it! It isn't so bad today, however my palms are still tender from pushing the lawnmower. LOL I had the mower up as high as it goes, and the grass was still long and thick enough to clog it up. :( Made it oh-so-fun to cut the grass! LOL I'm simply not used to this chore needing to be done this early...

We are on Spring Break this week!! WOOT!! Not too much in the way of any major plans - we have a tentative lunch/hang-out date planned with a very good friend, and we also have some tentative plans to go visit my Dad for a couple days. Also, my aunt Raedene is getting married Saturday and my brother and sister in law are having Easter dinner (they only live a couple blocks away, though, so no driving involved...) otherwise, I'm hoping for a relatively relaxed week of not having to get up to an alarm! :lol

Just wanted everyone to know I'm thinking of you!! Mama K, I hope that by moving and changing schools, maybe Baby K won't be exposed to the nasty germs!! The basket turned out great, I could easily see that as a decorative accent in a room! :D

My dollar investment didn't turn into millions, but that's okay - I figure I'm just not as ready as I think I am to be a millionaire!! :lol

Sending :hug to everyone, I know there was more I was going to respond to individually but now I can't remember (hate when that happens) so just know I have read everything and am all caught up now - thinking of you all!! Have a great weekend...

Good Morning! It is still morning! :D Didn't get any :crocheting done yesterday, just had a lazy day. I slept in until 9:30 this morning! :eek Poor little Juno was very happy to see her daddy come home from work! :lol Well, we aren't millionare's either. I guess it just wasn't our time :(. Just think of all the yarn you could buy though! :c9:devil

Joanne, good luck working on your 2 projects! I know you want to get going on that SBT!!! :hook

Mama K, hope Baby K feels better soon. Good to get her looked at quickly and on meds if needed if it's strep. And enjoy the orientation at your new place! :cheer

Sherry, what colors/pattern are you making your gs's RR? Good luck to your DD! Wow, that was fast for a job offer! :lol And don't worry, you're time will come! :hug

Melani, hope your hands are feeling better! We're getting snow today, so hopefully DH has a reprive of lawnmowing for a bit more! :lol Although we have a riding mower, so it's not his hands he has to complain about! :lol

Sounds like you have a busy Spring break! Enjoy!

Sue, hope you are doing well! Is Bruce still enjoying the job?

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! :hug

Kuddles- Hope Baby K doesn't have strep again- but if she does, at least you'll get her started on medication! Have fun getting oriented to the new condo complex!!!

Mama K - hope Baby K is ok, good to get her in quick and get started on meds.

:hi everyone!!

Mama K, I hope that by moving and changing schools, maybe Baby K won't be exposed to the nasty germs!!

Mama K, hope Baby K feels better soon. Good to get her looked at quickly and on meds if needed if it's strep.

Well quick update: orientation at the condo went great.

Baby K - has a double ear infection AND bad strep! On meds but gotta get back to her!

Thanks for all the caring! Mama K :manyheart you all!

Oh, poor Baby K---hope she is feeling better real quick!!

Melani- Enjoy the spring break!!! Wish I got a spring break!!! Sounds like you should have a nice mix of doing things and down time!!!

Ann- Snow?? Guess March is going out like a lion in your neck of the woods. It's still raining here!

I finished the summer wrap from Caron's One Skein Summer wrap pattern- using some Mill End's yarn from AC Moore. Robins' egg blue is the color I call it, and my friend said she thinks it is I love this Yarn. Not sure, but it was nice to work with. My DD has claimed it (even though I started out making this for me) But that's ok!!:)

post-27163-13589775035_thumb.jpg

Thanks all, and Joanne the funny thing is, except for a completely non stop snotty nose, she isn't complaining! This has been my problem all along.......she gets ear infections and doesn't complain, then I take her and she has it bad! A fever is usually my first clue!

But she is pretty happy, been in pjs all day, watching videos and movies (only way I can keep her sitting to rest!). I'm doing laundry and house tidying.....

Mama K

Well quick update: orientation at the condo went great.

Baby K - has a double ear infection AND bad strep! On meds but gotta get back to her!

Thanks for all the caring! Mama K :manyheart you all!

Poor Baby K! Hope she's feeling better soon! :hug Glad the orientation went well!

Ann- Snow?? Guess March is going out like a lion in your neck of the woods. It's still raining here!

I finished the summer wrap from Caron's One Skein Summer wrap pattern- using some Mill End's yarn from AC Moore. Robins' egg blue is the color I call it, and my friend said she thinks it is I love this Yarn. Not sure, but it was nice to work with. My DD has claimed it (even though I started out making this for me) But that's ok!!:)

Yup, snow! Seems to me that March came in like a lion too! :think I'll have to check. I want the warmer weather back! :lol Your Summer Wrap is gorgeous! Can't blame DD for claiming it!

Had a great day at the show today! Sweetbriar's Chocolate Kisses did very well again. She was Best of Breed in both shows. She won the breeders choice class (cash prize, breeders can only enter rabbits they bred). In the 2nd show she was runner-up in show..kinda like 2nd best..and I'll go with that! This was a bigger show with over 700 rabbits entered.

I have a picture, but have to get it off my phone yet!

Good morning!

Congratulations Mary!! :clap How exciting!!! Looking forward to seeing the picture!!

Seems to be another gray day out there today, but it's still dark out, so we'll see what the day holds.

Hope this morning finds Baby K doing well.

I started the wool SBT last night- and realized after about 10 rows that instead of going up one hook size, I had gone up 2!! Wasn't about to frog, so we'll see how this goes!

Good Morning Everyone! Looks like I'm back on my old schedule, I've been up all night! This stinks! :( I'm going to go take a shower in a few minutes and hopefully catch a few minutes sleep after that! The good news......I have a few more saved/printed to try out! :lol Hope you all have a great day!

Mama K, hoping that Baby K is feeling better this morning! :hug

Sue, how ya doing?

Had a great day at the show today! Sweetbriar's Chocolate Kisses did very well again. She was Best of Breed in both shows. She won the breeders choice class (cash prize, breeders can only enter rabbits they bred). In the 2nd show she was runner-up in show..kinda like 2nd best..and I'll go with that! This was a bigger show with over 700 rabbits entered.

I have a picture, but have to get it off my phone yet!

Congrats!!! Looking forward to seeing the pic! :clap

Good morning!

Seems to be another gray day out there today, but it's still dark out, so we'll see what the day holds.

Hope this morning finds Baby K doing well.

I started the wool SBT last night- and realized after about 10 rows that instead of going up one hook size, I had gone up 2!! Wasn't about to frog, so we'll see how this goes!

I looks sort of cloudy out here too, but it could just be my eyesight this morning! :lol Looking forward to seeing your SBT!!! It must be huge if you went up 2 hooks sizes!

BBL! :hug

We're remodeling my craft room aka "The Woman Cave". So when I get home from work I go in and do some stuff. Making me really worn out, but I'm so excited to get it done!

Ann, I hope you get some rest from your company. :hug

Joanne, the sun will come out today...at 6pm. :lol

Mama, I hope sis is feeling better quick! :hug

Mary, congrats!! :cheer

Hi Tonya and Melani and everyone else! :)

:turtle:vheart

Good morning!

Woot Mary!

Joanne - hi! Your wool SBT will be great, not as big as mine, but bigger than with the original size hook....can't wait to see it!

Sue - sounds like you are a busy girl this weekend! You'll have to post pix when you are done!

Ann - sorry you are on that schedule! Poor thing! Hope you can get some kind of rest today!

Hi to all my other peeps!

Thanks for asking, Baby K is actually doing okay! She now has 3 doses of meds in her, and also is not as 'full' in her nose which is a big thing since she can't breathe! Today she sees her godmother briefly to get her easter gifts.....of course that is making Baby K very happy!

Mama K

We're remodeling my craft room aka "The Woman Cave". So when I get home from work I go in and do some stuff. Making me really worn out, but I'm so excited to get it done!

Joanne, the sun will come out today...at 6pm. :lol

:turtle:vheart

:lol:lol Sue, you are probably right about the sun:lol

Have fun remodeling your "Woman Cave" Wish I had one! Although I have been claiming the family room bit by bit- and skein by skein!:lol

Good morning!

Woot Mary!

Joanne - hi! Your wool SBT will be great, not as big as mine, but bigger than with the original size hook....can't wait to see it!

Sue - sounds like you are a busy girl this weekend! You'll have to post pix when you are done!

Ann - sorry you are on that schedule! Poor thing! Hope you can get some kind of rest today!

Hi to all my other peeps!

Thanks for asking, Baby K is actually doing okay! She now has 3 doses of meds in her, and also is not as 'full' in her nose which is a big thing since she can't breathe! Today she sees her godmother briefly to get her easter gifts.....of course that is making Baby K very happy!

Mama K

Glad to hear Baby K is doing better!!! And I'll bet she is super excited to see her godmother!

I think I won't get to felting till next Saturday since DH has some errands he wants to do and wants to take me to a cafe where they have live music- he said- you can bring your crochet along!

I've finished the "V"'s and did 3 rows of SC and ready to start the handles on the SBT.

Since I've never felted before, I'm asking for tips and advice, links, anything you can provide to help me with the felting:hug

Archived