crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mama K - love the totes! The blue/purple one--love the colors! You always do such a great job!

Joanne -Enjoy the coffee!

Sue - :bday:bday:bday:bday Have a wonderful day!

Happy Grandparents Day!!

:birthday Sue :cake

Good morning every one. Its nice and cool here this morning if it will stay that way. I am going to breakfast with my friend this morning. we grew up together and were childhood friends.

I loove those totes. they are really nice.

have a nice day

Good morning!!!

Coffee is on and I'm on my second cup (and you know who that one is for;))

Had a good time last night- and now I'm getting ready to do some cleaning. Drat, where did Saturday go? Oh, yea, I was babysitting!!!:lol

This afternoon is football and :crocheting

To all the Grandmas---HAPPY GRANDPARENT'S DAY!!!!!

Happy Grandparent's Day to you too! Thanks for the cuppa, I needed it! :)

Thanks Ann and Joanne! :hug

Now if the birds will be nice to me today... :lol

:turtle:vheart

Those birds better be nice to you today! :lol

Totes I've been working on. The crochet one I call The Hope Bag. The two sewn ones are project bags, not sure where they are going but glad to have them done!

Thanks for letting me show them to you!!

Kuddles

The totes are gorgeous! Love the purple jewel tone one. And the Hope bag, well, you named it perfectly!

Good morning every one. Its nice and cool here this morning if it will stay that way. I am going to breakfast with my friend this morning. we grew up together and were childhood friends.

I loove those totes. they are really nice.

have a nice day

Hope you enjoy you breakfast with your friend. It's very cool here this morning too. Time to break out the heavier clothing!

Laundry is in the dryer, whatever cleaning I planned on doing is done and grocery shopping is done!! WOOT!

Kuddles- Love all the totes---I am especially partial to the purple/blue jewel tone one- it almost looks quilted in the picture. Beautiful!!!!! Have a wonderful day

Ann- Glad you liked the coffee. After I finished the grocery shopping, I decided to stop in Starbucks and get a cup and between 9-11 they were offering free coffee to encourage kindness, hope, love, etc in the honor of those whose lives were lost in 9/11. I thought that was a pretty neat thing to do.

Evelyn- Enjoy your breakfast out!!! i love eating out for breakfast!!!

Sherry- Happy Grandparents Day right back at you!!!

Laundry is in the dryer, whatever cleaning I planned on doing is done and grocery shopping is done!! WOOT!

Kuddles- Love all the totes---I am especially partial to the purple/blue jewel tone one- it almost looks quilted in the picture. Beautiful!!!!! Have a wonderful day

Ann- Glad you liked the coffee. After I finished the grocery shopping, I decided to stop in Starbucks and get a cup and between 9-11 they were offering free coffee to encourage kindness, hope, love, etc in the honor of those whose lives were lost in 9/11. I thought that was a pretty neat thing to do.

Evelyn- Enjoy your breakfast out!!! i love eating out for breakfast!!!

Sherry- Happy Grandparents Day right back at you!!!

That was a really neat thing to do. I hope more places did that today.

I've got a question for you guys........I'm having a brain freeze! :lol I think I found a pattern for Juno's doggie sweater, but it calls for wool ease thick & quick and I want to use RHSS that I have in my stash. Do you think I could double it or use one strand ww and one strand sport weight? I can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding a silly dog sweater pattern and now I might have to go out and buy yarn for it! :lol (DH asked me to make it to match his hat!) Shhh, don't tell him I told you guys! :dog

That was a really neat thing to do. I hope more places did that today.

I've got a question for you guys........I'm having a brain freeze! :lol I think I found a pattern for Juno's doggie sweater, but it calls for wool ease thick & quick and I want to use RHSS that I have in my stash. Do you think I could double it or use one strand ww and one strand sport weight? I can't believe I'm having such a hard time finding a silly dog sweater pattern and now I might have to go out and buy yarn for it! :lol (DH asked me to make it to match his hat!) Shhh, don't tell him I told you guys! :dog

I would double it, thick and quick is very bulky

I would double it, thick and quick is very bulky

Thanks! Not that I'd mind shopping but I'd have to talk him into taking me to Michael's or AC Moore's again and I don't think that's happening for quite a while! :lol Especially since they are so far away!

Thanks for all the praise for the totes!

Joanne, those totes are made with quilted material! You nailed it!

kuddles

She's so smart! :P Must be all the coffee! :lol

Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies. :hug

Ann, funny you say that about the birds being nice. We had this guy start out as a volunteer for us and I recommended him for a job at birds (which he got and started yesterday). He's quite the artist and he made this card for me. The bird is Priscilla the kestrel.

post-28075-135897695727_thumb.jpg

:rofl

post-28075-135897695721_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the birthday wishes ladies. :hug

Ann, funny you say that about the birds being nice. We had this guy start out as a volunteer for us and I recommended him for a job at birds (which he got and started yesterday). He's quite the artist and he made this card for me. The bird is Priscilla the kestrel.

[ATTACH]45160[/ATTACH][ATTACH]45161[/ATTACH]

:rofl

:lol Great card!!! Priscilla was my mom's name. They kind of look alike! :lol

Great card Sue---it made me laugh--:)-which was good since I watched the Giants/Redskins game---and let me just say the Giants were awful!:(

Ann- Yes, you are right- it's all the coffee I drink that makes me so smart;)

I used the pattern that you had linked to for the fingerless gloves--and made two pair while I was watching football!! Thanks for that link!!! I'll try and get pics when it's light out---

Great card Sue---it made me laugh--:)-which was good since I watched the Giants/Redskins game---and let me just say the Giants were awful!:(

Ann- Yes, you are right- it's all the coffee I drink that makes me so smart;)

I used the pattern that you had linked to for the fingerless gloves--and made two pair while I was watching football!! Thanks for that link!!! I'll try and pics when it's light out---

Just don't let the kids find out about the secrets of coffee! :lol Can't wait to see your pics of the gloves!!! I'm thinking of making some more too!

not much to report today. pc at hpspital was a real pain in the butt! we were going ot stay there last night but in th emiddle of the night i had to get up to use the restroom and wrecked my back......so 2:30 am we came home......my BIL that lives with us and th eother BIL (the one who hits) are down htere with dad today.....so we dont know anything at the moment and wont until the BIL that lives here gets home (he dont have a cell phone)

Ducky - so sorry to hear this news, I hope your back is better soon. Will be praying for all of you.

Sue - glad you had a good day and the card is really cute!

Ann - hope you had a great weekend!

Had a good day today, took the grandsons to church and youngest DD went with us. Their momma called just as we pulled in the park to see if they wanted to go to church with her. She was sad that we were already there. (I never call her when we have the boys as it's the only day she gets to sleep in).

Got to crochet some this evening. Still working on the granny ripple bag. Had to get more yarn (yeah, had to LOL), so I'm about 1/2 done with it.

DH still hasn't gotten word on leaving for NY. They told him to come in and work tomorrow, so maybe it will be later tomorrow or Tuesday when they send him.

Everyone have rest well and talk with you tomorrow.

BIL finally got home frim church/hospital. theyve moved dad to another room. hes supposed to be having surgery this week (weve heard this since thursday) but when they moved him they took oxygen off iv out and NG tube out..were confused about that plus theyre letting him have a liquid diet???

going back sometume tomorrow

Good morning!

Ducky It sounds like FIL is doing better if they were able to move his room, take out the NGT and the oxygen! Continued prayers for him---and for you- How's your back?

Sherry- Safe travels to your DH --and positive thoughts for you- it's hard to be apart for a few weeks- but like you mentioned, the extra $ will come in handy. Hope you have a good day.:hug

Ann- I'm about ready to start your cup of coffee----so you should be all good!;)

Jana- Thinking of you and keeping Keri in my prayers. How's she doing?

Tam- Good luck with getting things ready for the fundraiser--it's coming up soon, isn't it?

Kuddles- Have a good day at work and hope DD has a great day at school.

Sue- Is it school, work or both today?

Marisa- Thinking of you- and hoping things are progressing along nicely with getting your practice ready.

I saw that our library has a craft club on Monday evenings- I may just pop over there tonight- all depends on how tired I am after Paradise!

Till later....

Good morning Joanne, and everyone! I'm on my third cup of coffee...can't wake up since my DD got me up twice last nite! Don't ask......but suffice it to say I am VERY tired today!

Going to the state office first to print off some stuff, speech tonite for DD, so will be tired again. But wait a minute, as a mom I seem to be tired all the time! Is this normal all you moms out there??????

Hugs to all that need them.....seems like we go in waves here.

So much going on in people's lives......it's good to remember something a dear friend told me once "you never know what goes on behind closed doors." I try to remember that when dealing with people that are less than 'nice' or seem to not be in good moods......maybe they have something going on at home that is making them act less than nice! I TRY to remember that....

Well next up getting Miss Thing ready for school. Have a GREAT day all!

Mama Kuddles

Good Morning! Happy Monday!

Mama K - Sounds like a busy day and yes, being a mom can make you tired. I had 3 to keep up with and now I have the 2 grandsons! But I wouldn't trade them for anything (although I had days I probably would have LOL).

Joanne - have a great day and hope you can check out the craft club tonight.

Ann - have a great day! Hope you're feeling better.

Ducky - keep up posted on FIL, hopefully he is doing better since they've moved him to another room. Prays said for you. Hope your back is better.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Good Morning! Happy Monday!

Mama K - Sounds like a busy day and yes, being a mom can make you tired. I had 3 to keep up with and now I have the 2 grandsons! But I wouldn't trade them for anything (although I had days I probably would have LOL).

Three at once! And I'm 'complaining' about one! Okay but I'm 55 with a 7 year old.....exhausting! Trade her in....uh there are def days I would! LOL

Mama K

Joanne, just lecture today so it'll be quick. Then I have to come home and study for our chapter test on Wed.

Trade her in....uh there are def days I would! LOL

I know there are days you might think that, but you'd never do it. :hug

:hi GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.... This is going to be a good week for me. Tomorrow night is my last night at the nursing home. And the puppies are coming saturday.:jumpyay:dog:dogfinished a circular baby blanket for a friend last night,and I am starting christmas stuff today after doing some online training for my new job.

Hope everyone has a good monday.

Good morning!

Jana- Thinking of you and keeping Keri in my prayers. How's she doing?

thanks - she is doing much better. I just tried calling her and got her voicemail. She is probably resting. We hope to find out this week when she can be released from the hospital.

Hope everyone is having a great day!!

Joanne, just lecture today so it'll be quick. Then I have to come home and study for our chapter test on Wed.

I know there are days you might think that, but you'd never do it. :hug

Maybe just send her down to Auntie Sue............

kuddles

Archived