crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

well the 9am time for the ower to come back on has came and went..still have no power and I am getting irritable. My frozen drinks are not freezing and I have nothing to do. I have read 3 books and am completely bored. My patterns are on my comp which is currently uncharged :( I am so not the type that does not need technology. I hoe to be back online by tomorrow since I have assignments due thursday and I don't know what they are since internet is also down . I hope everyone else is having a good labor day

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well the 9am time for the ower to come back on has came and went..still have no power and I am getting irritable. My frozen drinks are not freezing and I have nothing to do. I have read 3 books and am completely bored. My patterns are on my comp which is currently uncharged :( I am so not the type that does not need technology. I hoe to be back online by tomorrow since I have assignments due thursday and I don't know what they are since internet is also down . I hope everyone else is having a good labor day

Oh you poor thing! At least I had some printed patterns when we were without power for 2 weeks with the ice storm a couple of years ago. I remember making a lot of plain dc scarves and simple granny squares during that time though!!! :hug:hug:hug

Hi everyone!! Hope you had a great Labor Day Weekend! My DS and DIL left at 7:30 this morning. We had a good time with them. Had the grandsons most of the weekend as "uncle" was here. They went to the zoo today (without PaPa and MeMo), just had some mommy time.

Did get some crocheting done Saturday night. I'm working the on the granny ripple tote, but I need to get another skein of one color--I ran out. Probably won't get it until tomorrow.

Love the two totes, scarves and RR!! They are beautiful!!

Sue - what a neat picture of the turtles.

Marisa - glad things are going well with the new office.

Ann - sounds like you've had a good holiday!

Mama K - hope you had a fun day and I'm glad DD is feeling better.

We have COOL weather. It was only 85 yesterday (that's the high!!), this morning it was in the 60's!!!! It's been a shock to the system to go from 100+ to 60's for the lows but it's been nice! Still need rain though.

Well, I'd better go and see what I can fix for supper. Youngest DD just left to go stay with my nephew and niece for the week. It's really too quiet here!!

Enjoy your evening and I'll try to check back in during the morning!

Hi everyone!! Hope you had a great Labor Day Weekend! My DS and DIL left at 7:30 this morning. We had a good time with them. Had the grandsons most of the weekend as "uncle" was here. They went to the zoo today (without PaPa and MeMo), just had some mommy time.

Did get some crocheting done Saturday night. I'm working the on the granny ripple tote, but I need to get another skein of one color--I ran out. Probably won't get it until tomorrow.

Love the two totes, scarves and RR!! They are beautiful!!

Sue - what a neat picture of the turtles.

Marisa - glad things are going well with the new office.

Ann - sounds like you've had a good holiday!

Mama K - hope you had a fun day and I'm glad DD is feeling better.

We have COOL weather. It was only 85 yesterday (that's the high!!), this morning it was in the 60's!!!! It's been a shock to the system to go from 100+ to 60's for the lows but it's been nice! Still need rain though.

Well, I'd better go and see what I can fix for supper. Youngest DD just left to go stay with my nephew and niece for the week. It's really too quiet here!!

Hi Sherry! Yes, my holiday has been pretty good. Quiet as usual around here, but that's ok. Your's sounds like it's been pretty good too! Hurray for the cooler weather! Althoug it sure did drop quite a bit! LOL! Enjoy you evening! :hug

Hi all,

Great news that you have your power back Tonya--I had some friends here that were without power for a week after Hurricane Irene!!! I also love my technology but I do have some patterns printed out in addition to being saved on the computer...just in case.....

Had a lovely time at the BBQ and Ryan was as adorable as ever! He was awake part of the time and got lots of attention from everybody. I think it did my DD a world of good to have company---she and SIL love to have BBQ's! I'm going over tomorrow night after work to babysit while she and her friend go for pedicures. They are both in a wedding on Friday- I'll be babysitting overnight along with her MIL Friday.

Ann- The Shelly pattern is so mindless and comes out so nice I think. No fringe, no border, just crochet it up and it's done!!!

Sherry- I'll bet it's quiet- but enjoy it!!! Happy that your temps have finally come down!!! We wee supposed to get rain, but didn't- but it will be here tonight into tomorrow- with more flash floods--a couple of the rivers have finally come down from Hurricane Irene, but they are precariously close to flood zone stage.

See you all in the AM-

Hey ladies,

Just another quick check in before I head up to crash for the night. I got my old laptop up and running after doing a system restore. :yes I'm started a baby rr today for my sister's friend that just had a baby girl on saturday. By start, I think I have the 1st 6 rounds done :lol I tried to get alot of computer stuff done today and address changes.

I should hear from the bank this week about the business loan so I'd totally appreciate some extra prayers in that department????? I'm going to head over to the office to touch up the room we painted. Some of the paint seeped inside the tape at the baseboard, but I have some wipes that will take it right off...just have to be careful not to hit the paint on the wall too :eek And the wall my sister painted needs a little touch up to, but not bad. It was her first painting with a roller and wanted to try it out while my dad was there to make sure she'd be able to help me out and be comfortable with it.

I also am going to try to stop by a signage place that my landlords recommended. And maybe try to start working on a website :eek

That's about it for now, we'll see when I get back :think:lol (not sure if my laptop will continue to be temperamental now that I restored it)

Great scarves and rr Joanne :yay

this has been a traumatic weekend.....apparenlty ive been non functional all week...it just hit today goose is gone...yesterday i went shopping with DH today i put him to work helping me get things ready (5 SBT's & a lapghan) for the lady to pick up tomorrow for the bipolar benefit. finished the babyghan at 3 am. been thinking of things for my swap partner. was gona go out to the csampground this afternoon but didnt think i could handle it after the breakdown earlier......

oh and joanne...two things

1. i tend to go overboard on swaps LOL

2. i think you should get a discount at joanne fabrics being as you name is joanne after all LOL

Good morning!

It's pouring rain out there right now---just what NJ doesn't need---and of course it will make for a slower commute to work so this will be quick.

Ducky- Hang in there-:hug:hug:hug And I definitely like your way of thinking that I should get a discount at Joann's:lol:lol

Marisa- Prayers and positive thoughts for the bank loan!!!!! Hope that the laptop continues to work now that you've done the restore.

Have a good day everyone---off to pour Ann's cup of coffee and get ready for wonderful day in Paradise!;)

Here's pics of three Shelly scarves as well as the Cotton-Ease RR----now I'm off to get a few things to bring to the BBQ---have a great day!!!

Gorgeous!!

Sounds like you had fun with the family. Enjoy the cool weather! We've been in the high 80's here too and it's been nice. :)

Oh I am so thankful....:cheer:cheerI once again have power. I will have a hot dinner and hot shower and can once again do laundry.

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Hey ladies,

Just another quick check in before I head up to crash for the night. I got my old laptop up and running after doing a system restore. :yes I'm started a baby rr today for my sister's friend that just had a baby girl on saturday. By start, I think I have the 1st 6 rounds done :lol I tried to get alot of computer stuff done today and address changes.

I should hear from the bank this week about the business loan so I'd totally appreciate some extra prayers in that department????? I'm going to head over to the office to touch up the room we painted. Some of the paint seeped inside the tape at the baseboard, but I have some wipes that will take it right off...just have to be careful not to hit the paint on the wall too :eek And the wall my sister painted needs a little touch up to, but not bad. It was her first painting with a roller and wanted to try it out while my dad was there to make sure she'd be able to help me out and be comfortable with it.

I also am going to try to stop by a signage place that my landlords recommended. And maybe try to start working on a website :eek

That's about it for now, we'll see when I get back :think:lol (not sure if my laptop will continue to be temperamental now that I restored it)

Great scarves and rr Joanne :yay

Good luck!! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Mama K---

:bday:bday:birthday:bday

:cake

Enjoy your Day---WOOT!!!!

Ah you cute thang, thanks so much!!!!!!

Yesterday the Frankfort Fest was fun....super busy but fun eye candy! I bought myself a bracelet and earrings, made of wood! Super cute and different! Then my friend and I ate at Chili's....yummo!

Well, I'm sucking down coffee like it is the last cup on earth, trying to wake up, to have the strength to get this kid ready for school. Only one more day after today of the antibiotics so hopefully things will be good after that!

Love from Mama Kuddles

..................:: Good Morning all ::.................

My apologies for not being around at all the last handfull of days!

I have been super busy getting stuff done for hubbys fundraiser and the craft fair.

Been busy with the boys.... we needed to take them shopping for more school clothes.

Had to go get my turtle "Daytona" a new tank... he needed more room BAD! He's a happier guy now! :D

Marisa.......... honey thank you for sending these for the fundraiser...............

post-18634-135897694256_thumb.jpg

Joanne............... darlin' these are awesome items for the fundraiser! Thank you!!!!!!

post-18634-13589769426_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

Morning Everyone! Off to a slow start today. Good thing Joanne is drinking that extra cuppa for me in the morning! :lol Off to the grocery store with Dh in a few minutes. See you all later!

Tonya so glad you got your power back!!!

Joanne, glad you had a nice time at the BBQ. We got lots of rain last night too. They're talking flash floods. Not good!:(

Hey Marisa!!! Things are moving along!!! Praying for ya for the business loan! :hug

MamaK, glad you had fun at the Frankfort Fest and bought yourself some pretties!!! :birthday

Hi Nicole! Welcome back from vacation!

[attach]44936[/attach]

[attach]44937[/attach]

[attach]44938[/attach]

[attach]44940[/attach]

[attach]44941[/attach]

[attach]44942[/attach

post-39211-135897694306_thumb.jpg

post-39211-135897694311_thumb.jpg

post-39211-135897694314_thumb.jpg

post-39211-135897694317_thumb.jpg

post-39211-13589769432_thumb.jpg

post-39211-135897694323_thumb.jpg

ok not entirely sure why the last post wouldnt let me type anything....

anyway the above totes are most of what ove been working on since july 25th (eye surgery) the prange/white tote i did while visually impaired

Mama K - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Hope you have wonderful day!!

Ducky - love all the totes!!

Been a busy day since we were off yesterday. Will be taking GS to football practice tonight. At least it's not 110 in the shade!!!! Right now it's 78!!! I have a sweater that I might have to wear before we leave tonight! LOL

Have a great day and evening!

I'm back from vacation! :D

Welcome back. :cheer

Had to go get my turtle "Daytona" a new tank... he needed more room BAD! He's a happier guy now! :D

I need an updated picture of the little guy!!

ok not entirely sure why the last post wouldnt let me type anything....

anyway the above totes are most of what ove been working on since july 25th (eye surgery) the prange/white tote i did while visually impaired

Very pretty Ducky!!

:turtle:vheart

Archived