crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

HI Tam:

I dont know how hard was that for you do make I love the color combo..

Can you tell me was it hard to do?

I might want to purchase the pattern for this pattern but not sure if its hard to do...

So any tips would be appreciated...

Sue got us all hooked now...

hugs

Lillibet

QUOTE=teakaycee;2266451]All I need is handles on this and its DONE! :yay

[attach]38233[/attach]

:heart

:mug

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HI Tam:

I dont know how hard was that for you do make I love the color combo..

Can you tell me was it hard to do?

I might want to purchase the pattern for this pattern but not sure if its hard to do...

So any tips would be appreciated...

Sue got us all hooked now...

hugs

Lillibet

The Kitty Tote is a free pattern. :)

:turtle:vheart

I went down two hook sizes to an I. I tried a J but didn't like how it was coming in the bottom so started over with the I. I think the pattern says it will be 14" x 14" with RHSS and I measured the cotton and it's about 12" x 12" without handles but it may just be me.

I used Peaches and Cream. :hook

Thanks for the info!!! :hug

Congrats to everyone that won!!!!:cheer I live on the west coast, so by the time I got to my computer, all the patterns were already gone!:(:lol Oh, well, the pattern is totally worth paying for though! I bought the stashbusting pattern last night:cheer Hopefully I'll have time to get going on it asap!

Trish - You are going to LOVE this pattern!!!! Have fun !!!

I have to agree that the Stash Buster tote is very well written and EASY!!! After working all day, this is a pattern that you don't have to think too hard with!

I pulled into the garage after a very LONG day at work and I have lots of my yarn stash in clear containers and the first thing I did when I pulled in was start thinking of what other color combos I'm going to use for the totes!!!!

I'm addicted I tell you, addicted!!! (and there in the corner sit the baby blankets I have yet to finish):lol

After the day at work that I had today, I think I'll nickname this tote the "stress buster" tote

I'm half finished with the last round of the border on baby ghan#2, and then I'm going to play witht he stashbuster pattern!:hook:hook:hook:hook

Tomorrow morning, though, no hook time. Instead it's mani and pedi time - for the first time in years. I almost pulled out my back doing my toes two weeks ago:lol:lol:lol:lol

'nite ladies:hook

Congrats to all the winners of the pattern! I worked a 10 hour day today so haven't been on here. Is that pattern available for purchase yet Sue? I haven't started making any yet but I definitely will as soon as I get this afghan finished up! Love seeing everyones beautiful bags!

Congrats to all the winners of the pattern! I worked a 10 hour day today so haven't been on here. Is that pattern available for purchase yet Sue? I haven't started making any yet but I definitely will as soon as I get this afghan finished up! Love seeing everyones beautiful bags!

Sounds like you had a day like mine!!! (and unfortunately, the two baby blankets I'm working on are taking a back seat to these totes):lol

You can always call it a diaper bag for the grand baby! :D

:lol I thought of that, but unfortunately this DIL doesn't care much for the feel of yarn! :eek I'm pushing it by making a baby blanket. :(

Ann- I am making baby blankets for my first grandson-to-be due in August and for my step-grandson-to-be due in July- and then I just had to make the tote!! So we can commiserate together on how we are being totally distracted from what we should be working on! The StashBuster tote was so much fun and so easy to make!!!

Sounds like a plan! :lol

All I need is handles on this and its DONE! :yay

[attach]38233[/attach]

Beautiful!!!

I have to agree that the Stash Buster tote is very well written and EASY!!! After working all day, this is a pattern that you don't have to think too hard with!

I pulled into the garage after a very LONG day at work and I have lots of my yarn stash in clear containers and the first thing I did when I pulled in was start thinking of what other color combos I'm going to use for the totes!!!!

I'm addicted I tell you, addicted!!! (and there in the corner sit the baby blankets I have yet to finish):lol

After the day at work that I had today, I think I'll nickname this tote the "stress buster" tote

I bought the pattern this morning! :yay Now, hmm, the baby yarn was calling me when I went to look for my yarn for this tote and I had to tell it I'd be back later! :lol

I'm half finished with the last round of the border on baby ghan#2, and then I'm going to play witht he stashbuster pattern!:hook:hook:hook:hook

Tomorrow morning, though, no hook time. Instead it's mani and pedi time - for the first time in years. I almost pulled out my back doing my toes two weeks ago:lol:lol:lol:lol

Enjoy your mani/pedi time!

Wow, teach me to sleep away the day! This place really exploded and I missed a great pattern! Once I get this stash buster done I'll have to head over and purchase that one! :hook I haven't even officially started and I'm having a blast! :lol

this post has really taken off! yesterday it was at i think 3 pages.....welcome aboard everybody! beautiful totes ladies!!!

i will be back in a little while as i must post elsewhere about an issue with a shawl im having

Hi ladies :hi

Stopping by to see what everyone's up to.....like I didn't already know the answer to that though :devil:lol

I have some 'work' to do tonight and then I'm going to start on the checkered granny go round tote to gain back some sanity :lol

Tam - Gorgeous bag and I think I might have to locate that one as well. There aren't enough hours in a day :no

Oh boy, I have successfully avoided all CALs so far this year and now you go and post this one! I have baby things to make for a granddaughter due to be born in July! What are you doing to me! :eek I've never made a tote before, but Sue's beautiful tote's keep calling my name. They are just gorgeous! Oh, what to do?:think There is no deadline, right? :devil I'll see if I can decide on a pattern and if I have enough yarn in my stash! I need something easy to start! :hook

Oh, I'm envisioning a lovely tote for your soon-to-be-born granddaughter's lovely crocheted goodies... (July is a very good month to be born in, by the way...) :yes

Well here it is the CAL that i can say I will join and keep making as I love Sue's

Stash buster Tote and i have made three so far...Working on another one today...

I have enough Gray yarn so I will see what nice bright color i can match it with that i will have enough yarn in my stast to make ....

This pattern is sooooo easy I got it memmorized already...

I did make magic yarn ball stash busters totes

I will go and post the photos later in this CAL

thank you for starting this one,.

hugs

Lillibet

Personally, my favorite bright color to pair up with gray (which is one of my favorite colors anyway) is pink! When I was a teenager (yes, I was a teenager once, even though my kids might not believe me...) I had a gray and pink 10 speed bike! :) Maybe that's why I like those two colors together... :hook

All I need is handles on this and its DONE! :yay

[attach]38233[/attach]

This one is AWESOME! I have a friend that's a cat fanatic, and so I think I need to maker her a tote in various shades of purple (her favorite color) with this pattern... what's the name of it? I still need to hop on Ravlery and look up Turtlelvr - I bet I "need" a bunch of patterns... LOL

Congrats to everyone that won!!!!:cheer I live on the west coast, so by the time I got to my computer, all the patterns were already gone!:(:lol Oh, well, the pattern is totally worth paying for though! I bought the stashbusting pattern last night:cheer Hopefully I'll have time to get going on it asap!

LOL - I'm just reading the thread TODAY so for sure all the freebies are gone... but that's okay! I'll just wait for a few bucks to show up in paypal & be over there shopping my little heart out!! :D

Oh, I'm envisioning a lovely tote for your soon-to-be-born granddaughter's lovely crocheted goodies... (July is a very good month to be born in, by the way...) :yes

Hmmmmmm, I'm guessing YOUR birthday is in July? :think

Personally, my favorite bright color to pair up with gray (which is one of my favorite colors anyway) is pink! When I was a teenager (yes, I was a teenager once, even though my kids might not believe me...) I had a gray and pink 10 speed bike! :) Maybe that's why I like those two colors together... :hook

I also love gray and pink together :yes

This one is AWESOME! I have a friend that's a cat fanatic, and so I think I need to maker her a tote in various shades of purple (her favorite color) with this pattern... what's the name of it? I still need to hop on Ravlery and look up Turtlelvr - I bet I "need" a bunch of patterns... LOL

You and I must be on the same wavelength because I just had that same thought last night, but just didn't get around to it yet :lol

Well, I managed to get the granny checkered go round tote started last night. I only got 5 or 6 rounds done, but it's a start :clap I had some other things to do and I have a knit sweater waiting for sleeves that's calling my name loud and clear, but I was just too excited to get this tote started :lol I'll take it to work with me too and work on it during my lunch break :wink So far, so good.

WOW! I miss a day of checking in here and the thread has taken on a life of it's own :lol

Here are photos of some of the totes I've made recently. Some were to test and some because I loved the pattern. Want to start another but need to finish a diaper bag and changing pad I'm working on at the present time.

post-25113-135897651653_thumb.jpg

post-25113-135897651656_thumb.jpg

post-25113-135897651652_thumb.jpg

post-25113-135897651655_thumb.jpg

Baeautiful totes, Toni!!!

All the talk of pink and grey got me thinking...I still haven't picked my colors for the stashbuster.

I think that's first on my list before heading out this morning.:hook

:lol Love the new name!

Enjoy your mani/pedi! :)

I know you know its available cause you bought it! :lol

I bought the pattern this morning! :yay

Thanks! :hug

Its Kitty Tote and a free download. :)

WOW! I miss a day of checking in here and the thread has taken on a life of it's own :lol

Here are photos of some of the totes I've made recently. Some were to test and some because I loved the pattern. Want to start another but need to finish a diaper bag and changing pad I'm working on at the present time.

[ATTACH]38277[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38278[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38279[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38280[/ATTACH]

Love them Toni!! :hug

:turtle:vheart

You girls are on a roll. Everyone talking about color combos and stash diving. Makes me want to set aside the shawl in the works and start another stash buster (aka stress buster) tote.

Toni - all of your totes are perfect!

Yep! After posting in here last night I went on a few pages and found where you started a thread that said it was ready. I jumped on that one immediately!!! Can't wait to try both of these beautiful patterns Sue! :c9

Archived