crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing well just super busy at work and don't have as much time to be on the "Ville" I regularly post in two other threads and this one seemed to be dwindling, so haven't posted here in a while--

I've got another 6 mos or so of craziness at work (maybe a little longer, but I sure hope not) LOL

Evening all.................. wow have I been seriously MIA!!!

What a time it has been for me!

I sure do miss you guys!!!!! But I have been so darn busy... it hasnt even been funny. I managed to post alot on FB because I can do that real easy from my phone ... in order to keep family and friends updated with whats been going on with me... hubby.. and the kids..... but thats about it!

I'm not going to say this too loud... but I may have found things to be slightly .... very slightly setting down so I can come visit you lovely ladies and gents again.

Very quick update....

I'm good... tired like no other.. but good

Hubby is great... had his bone marrow transplant back in May after a relapse has put him back in the hospital in Novemeber of last and again in March of this year. He has been in the hospital all year... finally got to come home the end of last month. Praise God! He is Cancer free!

The kids............ well... my oldest three are still doing great... My Navy son has been stationed on shore duty in Oklahoma. *whew* My other son is doing well... keeping busy with his kids and work. My daughter just landed a new job as a phlebotomist which will pay her more that her CNA job. Being a single mom of 3... she's happy to have the extra money!

My younger three boys that are still at home are doing great... school has started and they are having a blast. My youngest is still chasing bugs. He is the Team Manager for the Jr High Football team. He had a great summer of Baseball and improved alot. My super hero Michael is doing great also....... he has been in remission for over a year now! I thank God every day for him being healthy and happy! He grew like a crazy weed over the summer... 5'8.5" (taller than me... sigh) He's anxious for wrestling season to start. He got some time on the mound this summer pitching for his team... he did a really good job! And my 6'1" 16yr old .... What an amazing summer he had. He pitched fantastic for his team ... they went 25 -5 for the season taking Championship of 3 out of 4 tournaments they were in.... 2nd place in the 4th one. He was invited to a College camp in August that we took him to........ amazing! Since then he has been contacted by 4 different Colleges interested in him. He's playing Fall Baseball right now and having a blast. Wrestling season will start soon for him and he too is anxious for that... Keeps him busy and fit ... heheee.

And ME............... I've just been BUSY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Being a single mom for the last 8 months has been exhausting!

I have been able to get some crocheting done... not as much as I would have liked... but some. I have been able to crochet more since the boys have been in school.... which makes me happy! :)

Been on a blanket kick lately.... (comfort'ghans and prayer blankets)

Anyway............. wanted to say :hi HI

have a great evening!

Evening all.................. wow have I been seriously MIA!!!

Good to hear an update. So glad hubby is home and doing well and that the rest of the family is also well. Hope you'll be able to have more time for yourself and crochet now!

• 4 months later...

Posted this in the stashbusting CAL but I'll post it here as well :)  I did make the straps a little longer than the pattern called for - because well, I'm just not sure why - to be different I guess lol.

post-46820-0-27464900-1360419380_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Posted this in the stashbusting CAL but I'll post it here as well :)  I did make the straps a little longer than the pattern called for - because well, I'm just not sure why - to be different I guess lol.

attachicon.gifDSCN0556.JPG

Very nice tote Jess!  I just came across the pattern yesterday as I was going some looking for something else and I got the urge to make one.  It's been a while and they are sooooo addictive once you start! :lol

Very nice tote Jess!  I just came across the pattern yesterday as I was going some looking for something else and I got the urge to make one.  It's been a while and they are sooooo addictive once you start! :lol

They are addictive!! I use this one for hauling some scentsy stuff around in my car (books, samples, etc) and take with me when I do parties!! First thing I have made for myself, and I am glad I did :) Will make another to use as a diaper bag - and might try to line it if I can figure out how! 

Oh and thank you :)

Archived