Has anyone made this Red Heart hairpin lace shawl?

ElizaH

Hi there!

If you, or anyone you know, has made this, I would be very grateful to see photos. I have never done hairpin lace crochet, but I have seen the video of the making of this shawl on youtube. I plan to make it for my sister's wedding in May, and I would also like to know how fast this makes up (pretty fast I gather). Thank in advance! Elizabeth

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/womans-hairpin-lace-shawl

• 1 year later...

I started doing this pattern but as a hairpin rookie I didn't do anthing to keep the loops strait when I took them off the loom. (I have seen people use a string and run it along the bar before removing the loom) I was frustrated and gave up. I want to go back to try it again.

As with all crochet patterns, alot depends on your experience using the staple (loom) and crochet speed. It is a lovely shawl....Be sure to let the rest of us know how you do...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I have. I really like this pattern and was determined to master hair pin.

here is a photo:

I used a cottonny yarn that had a bit of sparkle in it.

post-3917-135897771894_thumb.jpg

post-3917-135897771897_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there!

If you, or anyone you know, has made this, I would be very grateful to see photos. I have never done hairpin lace crochet, but I have seen the video of the making of this shawl on youtube. I plan to make it for my sister's wedding in May, and I would also like to know how fast this makes up (pretty fast I gather). Thank in advance! Elizabeth

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/womans-hairpin-lace-shawl

I haven't made this shawl, but I have done hairpin.  Before removing the loops, I usually use something to bunch them together.  Large clover clip or even the pins used by knitters to hold cables.  Makes it easier when joining them becuase sometimes an errant loop will sneak down in between others.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived