ElizaH

Has anyone made this Red Heart hairpin lace shawl?

Hi there!

If you, or anyone you know, has made this, I would be very grateful to see photos. I have never done hairpin lace crochet, but I have seen the video of the making of this shawl on youtube. I plan to make it for my sister's wedding in May, and I would also like to know how fast this makes up (pretty fast I gather). Thank in advance! Elizabeth

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/womans-hairpin-lace-shawl

I've not made it myself but a quick look on Ravelry showed 27 members there have :)

You do have to be a member to see them though but it is free to sign up there.

Thanks for pointing me to that! I have finally joined Ravelry. I liked seeing the different versions. The pattern definitely allows for a variety of yarns.

Just want to say if you go to ravelry and do a pattern search for Woman's Hairpin Lace Shawl you can see some close ups of it, very very pretty. Mary

I started doing this pattern but as a hairpin rookie I didn't do anthing to keep the loops strait when I took them off the loom. (I have seen people use a string and run it along the bar before removing the loom) I was frustrated and gave up. I want to go back to try it again.

As with all crochet patterns, alot depends on your experience using the staple (loom) and crochet speed. It is a lovely shawl....Be sure to let the rest of us know how you do...

I've only started Hairpin lace, this looks beautiful, will have to have a go.:clap

Hello, I have. I really like this pattern and was determined to master hair pin.

here is a photo:

I used a cottonny yarn that had a bit of sparkle in it.

post-3917-135897771894_thumb.jpg

post-3917-135897771897_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Absolutely lovely...You should be very proud of your accomplishment...

All of our ancestral crocheters are smiling from ear to ear...

Hi there!

If you, or anyone you know, has made this, I would be very grateful to see photos. I have never done hairpin lace crochet, but I have seen the video of the making of this shawl on youtube. I plan to make it for my sister's wedding in May, and I would also like to know how fast this makes up (pretty fast I gather). Thank in advance! Elizabeth

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/womans-hairpin-lace-shawl

I haven't made this shawl, but I have done hairpin.  Before removing the loops, I usually use something to bunch them together.  Large clover clip or even the pins used by knitters to hold cables.  Makes it easier when joining them becuase sometimes an errant loop will sneak down in between others.

• Like 1

gorgeous shawl   you have inspired me to give it a try.  a lot of good helfpul information here   thanks for them all

Cupcake that is beautiful.

I haven't done this shawl, but once you get the hang of it HPL grows very quickly. Some excellent advice here.