Bendy

Charted Picture Afghans

Wanted to let everyone know my new book is out, Charted Picture Afghans. http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=84890

I had a lot of fun creating this book. I enjoyed drawing the different pictures such as the elephant. But my favorite part was the simplicity of crocheting afghans that used only single crochet and double crochet stitches. I hope everyone enjoys the book. If you have any questions, just let me know :)

OMG! That is YOUR book? I seen that and want it oh so bad!!! I love it and thought how easy it would be to do them without having to change colors of yarn, etc. Regular graph ghans I can't seem to get the hang of, plus I make such a mess with the different yarn hanging around and getting twisted!

That is awesome!! Congrats :cheer

Thank you! Glad you like the Charted Picture Afghans book :)

I agree with you, I don't enjoy using 5 or 6 different colors at the same time either. I have tried rolling the different colors up and pinning them as suggested, but mine always get tangled anyway :)

In the Charted Picture Afghans book the designs just use one color and as a result I found the afghans very relaxing to crochet. I hope you do too :)

I've hade my eye on this one. I didn't know it was your designs. Great work! I hate color changes!

What a neat book! I love the technique... similiar to things I have thought of before but never knew how to make work! I will have to keep an eye out for this book! Maybe if I can figure out the technique I could turn some of my graphs that I would love to do without having a million ends to sew in and color changes galore! I love the much cleaner work that you see in your book!!!!!

Congratulations!

Another I got to have this one too. smile

The branch and leaves ghan have my interest perked. Curious...What's the big B stand for Bendy?

I hope your book is a success. Very unique approach.

Thank you everyone. I hope all of you enjoy the book.

Diana, when a designer does a book they generally receive the crocheted models back. After awhile the pile becomes rather large :) So I generally give the items away or donate them to auctions for fund raisers.

In this case, my plan was to give the rose afghan to my husband's secretary as a thank you gift for feeding all our babies (2 cats, 1 dog) while we were out of town. Her last name begins with "B" :)

Thanks for sharing the B details. It's kinda cool knowing that background. If I keep the B in it, I'll say it stands for Bendy the designer. bwg

I had to take a second look cause I totally missed the roses. I like it even better. Hubby said wow and that must have taken a long time, to the elephant ghan.

I have just purchased the book in pdf form as I am in the UK and can't wait to start the elephant one. Absolutely love it. xxx