Stash buster tote 1 & 2 and counting

FrLopLady

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a LOT of the color Ocean when a friend's mom died. LOTS of it. Most of it different lots.

I also found this rhss in a color close to the turquoise color in the variegated, but not quite. But how cool it is when using double strands that it came out really cool!

post-35596-135897647834_thumb.jpg

(a few minutes later....)

I've glanced at the pattern and see the recommended size of the crochet hook. However, I cannot find the recommended weight of yarn. Worsted? Bulky? One of each?

Hints?

Thank you.

DCM

I've glanced at the pattern and see the recommended size of the crochet hook. However, I cannot find the recommended weight of yarn. Worsted? Bulky? One of each?

Hints?

Thank you.

DCM

I am using RHSS and Caron pounders. So any ww should work. I'm sure you could even use a DK and go down a hook size. It will make a smaller bag, but in ww these are not what I would call small bags. I posted a pic on FB and my dil saw it and when she saw the actual bag she was surprised at how big it was!

Bag #3 should be done tonight!

Fair enough. RHSS = Red Heart ____? I actually don't have much of a stash; I just liked the design!

Had to leave crochet for >15 years due to carpal tunnel syndrome; did NOT have the surgery done, so many hand-intense activities had to go by the wayside, crochet and other needle arts among them. I gave my stash away then, kept the hooks. But I've started to get some yarns this year (2011), now that it appears my hands won't flare again. (fingers crossed)

Many who met me in the quilting world have no idea that I crochet(ed). It was my fall-back activity, because it could be done with a rotary cutter and a sewing machine, but was still personal and creative.

Now I can do both!

Thanks again, but don't forget: Red Heart ___?

DCM

Fair enough. RHSS = Red Heart ____? I actually don't have much of a stash; I just liked the design!

Had to leave crochet for >15 years due to carpal tunnel syndrome; did NOT have the surgery done, so many hand-intense activities had to go by the wayside, crochet and other needle arts among them. I gave my stash away then, kept the hooks. But I've started to get some yarns this year (2011), now that it appears my hands won't flare again. (fingers crossed)

Many who met me in the quilting world have no idea that I crochet(ed). It was my fall-back activity, because it could be done with a rotary cutter and a sewing machine, but was still personal and creative.

Now I can do both!

Thanks again, but don't forget: Red Heart ___?

DCM

RHSS = Red Heart Super Saver

Hints?

Thank you.

DCM

Sorry about that. Its worsted weight. I used a combo of RHSS and ILTY. :)

:turtle:vheart

Archived