Operation** Give warmth**

LovinThis32

Hey---also Bess!!! I know where Bowling Green is!!! I work in the trucking industry and we haul out to and from Country Oven Bakery !!

I'm familiar with Country Oven Bakery - maybe you can hitch a ride to BG sometime. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

** HELLO ALL YOU WONDERFUL LADIES***!!! I sincerely apolagize for the MIA that I have been. I have had SO very much going on in my life it's just crazy. I am doing well but it's taking some work to keep my head straight and plug on! Just in time for winter to near- I am finishing up my remodel/move in/ FINALLY settle down stage!

I just wanted to tell "GRANNYTIME" from PA--- THANK YOU SO MUCH, I received your package on Friday!!

I am going to lay EVERYTHING out tonight and photograph it all. I am VERY close to my goal of 400 !! I have a girl that sent me a message on Facebook saying she has now done 60 hats!!!!! I'm not sure if she's done them on a loom or crocheted them but I am going to swing by and pick them up tonight! I'm so excited.

I shared with my priest last night this mission I've been on for the past few months and she just makes me cry! She tears up as she asks me how I do it and that she's so impressed with how giving I am---being a single Mom I always think of others. I have done a few things of collecting for our church to give to the needy and I always take her a carload and she told me last night that she is sure there is some ministry work to be done at our church in this area. So I am anxious to see what she has in mind. (I'm not sure if I am ready for another mission! )

I can't Thank you enough for your giving spirits as well! How awesome to receive your packages from all over the world and to think that you are helping our homeless here in Utah! LOVE, PEACE and may the Spirit be with all of you and yours every day of the year!

I promise I didn't forget you_----- I got all of these out the other day -----they are in layers deep, I couldn't decide how to take the photo/s so I did them in bunches, I still have a couple more photos to post- a girl brought me 60 loomed hats today and I have some coats that were given as well. There doesn't look to be too many in these photos---I may try to retake some pics-

___If weather permits this weekend I have to finish moving- and NEXT weekend I will go for sure to deliver them- I want to hand out the hats personally, however I am not sure if they will allow me to do that. I am going to check and see.

______A HUGE THANK YOU GOES OUT TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE HELPED ME WITH MY OPERATION_____ I am hoping to keep this going every year from now on!

post-35667-135897711532_thumb.jpg

post-35667-135897711537_thumb.jpg

post-35667-13589771154_thumb.jpg

I took some better photos---- I delivered our goods last night and they were EVER EVER so greatful!!! I now have a facebook page OpErAtIoN GiVe WaRmTh and you can like it and see my updates as I go about my journey supporting the shelter! I met with a lady yesterday who was ecstatic (sp) to hear that I had put the word out to all of you and the support that I received from all over! She hugged me and I got teary eyed! How awesome of a feeling!!! I am going to volunteer on some weekends down there. --I am excited about this all, I think it's something I've needed to do for a long time!

• 1 month later...

**UPDATE** Soooo.......My Operation "GIVE WARMTH" is taking off!!! I've decided I can try to give warmth to someone's heart, soul, body, whatever works :O) My mission ALL year will be ---of course to collect hats, gloves, coats, scarves for my next Oct. donation----HOWEVER......as far as all year- once a week I go to the shelter or should I say I have gone for the last 2 months every Thurs with a car load of ANYTHING!! I am on a 1st name basis now lol!! I am actually also on a mission to hopefully put together a LARGE concert with all proceeds being donated--they are building a new facility.

SO---if ANY of you would like to keep crafting and donate- THEY WERE VERY IMPRESSED THAT ALL OF YOU HELPED ME OUT WITH THIS! they thought it was the coolest thing! I have also had a long time ago- like 17 yrs. ago friend find me on Facebook and he lives South of Salt Lake city and he is helping me from down there as well! He's super excited about helping! It's actually pretty awesome! If you have a Facebook account and would go to OPERATION GIVE WARMTH and "LIKE" my page, I try to update it everyday, if not every other day. PLEASE REMEMBER.........HOMELESSNESS DOESN'T JUDGE...........

Kiyo, as I understand it, you are continuing this effort for 2012?

I have a boxful of hats, and scarves that I intended to send to you in 2011, and for various reasons did not get out to you. I plan to add to it, and send it to you later this year, if you are continuing your efforts.

Kiyo, as I understand it, you are continuing this effort for 2012?

I have a boxful of hats, and scarves that I intended to send to you in 2011, and for various reasons did not get out to you. I plan to add to it, and send it to you later this year, if you are continuing your efforts.

Hey Ms. Cindy------send them! Send them!!! No worries----heck, we are barely going to get a REAL SNOW tonight or tomorrow- lol We just might do this now too!

• 3 months later...

~So.........it's been months since I've posted in here------however.....update I have been taking almost a "CARLOAD" a week of goods that people have donated to the shelter along with some of their handmade items I am still going to do my big hat and scarf, glove drive and collect and donate in October'ish" aga~~THANK YOU AGAIN for your support!! They loved the items!

Archived