Operation** Give warmth**

LovinThis32

Hello all! I have decided I'm going on a mission...........I, am trying to collect at LEAST 400 items---hats, scarves, or mittens for adults and children male and female to take to our local homeless shelter in October! Giving myself PLENTY of time----I love the handcrafted look and would preferrably like to take only handcrafted items!!! THUS......if you have extra time on your hands and like to donate----PLEASE contact me, I would love your help contributing!

I hope to make this a yearly event, not sure how it will pan out, it is sure worth a try.

I collected the BIGGEST truckload of clothing items and dropped them off on New Years Eve and the people lining up to get dinner, with their worn, ragged clothes and shoes broke my heart. I figured if I can do the clothing drive in November and the GIVE WARMTH mission for October---just in time for the winter months to be able to help people out!

**THANK YOU IN ADVANCE TO THOSE OF YOU WHO CAN HELP ME!!!** Remember.......homelessness doesn't judge----it can happen to any one of us at any time!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi. Sounds like a generous and worthy cause, Ill see what I can do, might do some scarves and hats in the coming months, that i donate to our homeless shelter, they pick up right at the door! but I think I can make a few more for your cause, thanks for the heads up, we have some time here to get it together!

A wonderful cause and I would be happy to donate some scarves. I have a lot of yarn left over from the Special Olympics scarf project that I have been trying to decide what to do with. Along came your request.

Just let me know where to send the finished product and thank you very much for doing this. :hug

~~Sending warm thoughts out there~~ It's REALLY supposed to be Spring.......we have plenty of time for this next fall----~ Think of those w/o something on their head or around their neck or on their hands to keep them warm! Looking for your help!! :0)

:crochetingrecieved your PM will put the scarves in the mail tomorrow or Tuesday . Glad to be able to help:manyheart hope you get alot !!! Great cause

~~*** Just wanted to let you know--I received your scarves this morning!~~*** LOVE THEM!! Great colors ! THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!!

Hi Kiyo ~ I just saw your thread here. :blush I've started another scarf and hope to send at least two more soon. This is such a wonderful idea - good luck with reaching your goal!

Hey girlie!! You're awesome! With everyones help I will reach it in no time!! With a few months still to go I need to get a stitchin myself! I've done 2 hats.....:0( gotten caught up with so many other things too. However, I'm still on the prowl for everything I see that might be on sale too. :yay Loves to yoU!

The homeless and the hungry are especially close to my heart as I was nearly so several times, the latest time when I 'inherited' the care of my little sister when my mother died. I was going to donate my stash, but now I know just what to do with them! As soon as I get a couple going, I'll PM you and send them your way!!

BTW, it would be great to see a tally going of how much you get from us, maybe even a picture of your collected goodies!

The homeless and the hungry are especially close to my heart as I was nearly so several times, the latest time when I 'inherited' the care of my little sister when my mother died. I was going to donate my stash, but now I know just what to do with them! As soon as I get a couple going, I'll PM you and send them your way!!

BTW, it would be great to see a tally going of how much you get from us, maybe even a picture of your collected goodies!

~~Hi there----funny you say you would like to see those things!! I was going to go home tonight and do just that! lol Great minds think alike :0) :yay I will get right on that!

• 2 weeks later...

*Just a quick reminder......* with the sun coming out we aren't thinking hats, mittens, scarves! :0) Plenty of time!

• 2 weeks later...

I have hats and scarves I can send before October. Will PM for your address at a later date.

However, I'm still on the prowl for everything I see that might be on sale too. QUOTE]

FYI - if you have a Wal Mart - I noticed at my local Wal Mart the winter hats were on sale for $1

I have hats and scarves I can send before October. Will PM for your address at a later date.

However, I'm still on the prowl for everything I see that might be on sale too. QUOTE]

FYI - if you have a Wal Mart - I noticed at my local Wal Mart the winter hats were on sale for $1

Hi there-- THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!! Yes, I have grabbed some from Walmart. A friend got them for 20 CENTS!!!

Hi there-- THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH!! Yes, I have grabbed some from Walmart. A friend got them for 20 CENTS!!!

WOW - 20¢ and I thought $1 was good.

WOW - 20¢ and I thought $1 was good.

kiyo, i made two little girls hats and a scarf for you today. I will be making more before i mail them. I'll pm you for an address when i'm ready to send them.

thank you honey!!

• 2 weeks later...

*~* Mary & Wrennie* I got your packages!!! THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!! Mary-I got yours last week- I was never on here to tell you- sorry ! i'm going to take photos I PROMISE I PROMISE!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Kiyo, I have quite a few things made for you. I will likely wait until I have a box full before I send them to you.

I don't have your address though. Could you please PM it to me?

Hey girlie girl!!!! You're awesome!!!! THANK YOU!!!

Archived