Looking for tulips

damomma

Question

9 answers to this question

I just made this hat with tulip appliques... I couldn't find anything I liked on the web, so I made up my own pattern.

Here is what I did:

Ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 3 ch, Ch 1, turn

2 sc in first sc, sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in last sc, ch 1, turn

6 sc’s across, ch 1, turn

Repeat row 3 2 more times, ch 2 on last row

3 dc in first sc, sl st in next sc, 2 dc in next 2 sc, sl st in next sc, 3 dc in last sc, ch 2, join with sl st, fasten off

They measure about 2 inches wide by 3 inches tall, so if you're looking for something bigger, just multiply the stitch counts by however many. Hope this is helpful!! :cheer

post-43909-135897646146_thumb.jpg

I just love these but especially love the dishcloth!

I just made this hat with tulip appliques... I couldn't find anything I liked on the web, so I made up my own pattern.

Here is what I did:

Ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 3 ch, Ch 1, turn

2 sc in first sc, sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in last sc, ch 1, turn

6 sc’s across, ch 1, turn

Repeat row 3 2 more times, ch 2 on last row

3 dc in first sc, sl st in next sc, 2 dc in next 2 sc, sl st in next sc, 3 dc in last sc, ch 2, join with sl st, fasten off

They measure about 2 inches wide by 3 inches tall, so if you're looking for something bigger, just multiply the stitch counts by however many. Hope this is helpful!! :cheer

I love your tulips seen many types of afghans but yours are really pretty thank you for sharing.

You could look on ebay or any of the sites selling patterns for the Tulip Garden Afghan Set. It is a graphgan pattern for an afghan and pillow from Annie's Attic Quilt & Afghan club. I think it is gorgeous and I do not really care for tulips.

Hi all. I'd like to make a throw for a good friend. She loves tulips. Anyone know where I can find a pattern with tulips in it? Would love any help. Thanks Much

One of my all-time favorite crochet patterns is an afghan called Tulip Kisses by Anne Halliday, published by Leisure Arts in "A Year of Afghans" (also, I believe in other LA pubs). It looks complicated, a little like knitting Fair Isle, but surprisingly isn't all that difficult; all the color changes are made at ends of rows. I've made one for myself with peach tulips and one for my daughter in red. I've been thinking that mine has become so pilled from use that it may be time to make another!

Forgot to say that the book is the first volume of A Year of Afghans, published in 1996.

post-1473-135897647574_thumb.jpg

Archived