on my kitchen wall..

Momcrochets

Thank you, Heart, for this fun pattern.

It is happily hanging on my kitchen wall. :) (the wall is a pale soft spruce color. :) )

post-7396-135897646098_thumb.jpg

Stats, unknown brand white size 10 thread, size 1.65mm hook.

perle cotton colors, (same size hook), the pale purple is the same color as the lace I'm working on for my valances...

Thank you, all!

RoseRed I used something heart mentioned on her site, and in the pattern, called Stiffen Stuff, which I found at Hobby Lobby. It comes in a pump spray bottle. Normally I would use white glue, for stiffening, but since I needed to block the heart before arranging and tacking on the flowers, and also due to the 3-dimensional nature, I wanted to try this stiffener. (Straight white glue is probably stiffer. The nice thing with Stiffen Stuff is that you can spritz on extra layers as needed.)

I've since used it on a couple of earring "charms" I've made, and it worked extremely well for that, too.

This is perfect for Spring. The dainty violets just make it, Mom, and they're wonderful on the pale green wall! This will make everything pull together nicely, but the most special part is that you made it yourself. (Somehow when we crafters decorate our homes with the work of our hands, it just means more.) What a lovely job you did! Beautiful! :hug

Thank you so much. It was fun to do, and I had a spot on the wall that just needed something! If the photo was larger, you'd be able to see the finishing nails/brads that it is hanging on. (you look close enough, you probably can anyway) Well, this coming week, when the kids are back in school (Spring Break), I'll dab them with some leftover green paint.

I'm so happy with how well it worked out!

Archived