Help PLEASE!

TobeysMama

Question

I am not a novice crocheter, but I don't understand this....I think I am reading it wrong and need another set of eyes to help me! I am probably gonna realize what an idiot I am once someone else explains it, but i just don't get it, lol. :think

I get to round 2 and stop because I don't understand round 3. I only get 21 stitches or something instead of 30.

Ch 2, work will begin in first chain

Round 1: ch 1, 9 sc in ring; join with sl st in first sc {9 sc}

Round 2: ch 3 (counts as dc from here forward), dc in joining space, (2dc in each sc) join with sl st {20 dc}

you will work in the spaces before and after fpdc

Round 3: ch 3, dc in joining space, dc, fpdc, (dc, dc, fpdc) {30 st}

7 answers to this question

hmmmm i find that confusing too. "work in the spaces before and after fpdc" means what exactly? are you supposed to do a dc in the stitch behind the fpdc? you know how the post st leaves a st unworked behind it? maybe you are to dc there also?

what is the pattern? is there a photo with to give any clues?

:lol I believe this must be the most question marks i have ever used in a post!

it's a pattern I bought from a seller on Etsy - it's for a hat. I don't want to post the whole pattern cause I don't want someone telling me I am giving their pattern away. I e-mailed the seller a few times for an explanation to no avail .

It's the golf hat pattern by InnerHooker on Etsy (I apologize if this person is on Crochetville - I am just trying to figure out how to make this hat!!)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/71429303/grandpa-bruces-newsboy-driving-cap?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=golf+hat+pattern&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

very frustrating if the etsy seller is not responding to your question!

I certainly understand you don't want to post too much of the pattern. I can see you need to add 10 sts in row 4 but the directions don't tell me how you would do that. too bad there is not a photo of the top of the hat.

i googled around a bit and found she also has a website http://innerhooker.bigcartel.com/product/presale-newsboy-driving-cap-crochet-pattern maybe you could try contacting her there. she is also on ravelry, and the pattern is there but no projects yet.

No, I think Kathy has it right. If you work a stitch in each DC and do the FPDC's, you'll end up with 30 stitches. You'll just have to make sure you don't skip any stitches.

>>>>.you will work in the spaces before and after fpdc

Round 3: ch 3, dc in joining space, dc, fpdc, (dc, dc, fpdc) {30 st}<<<<,

I think you are suppose to do what it says and the way I read it you don't dc in any dc as you will work in the sps between the dcs.

to crochet in the sps you will be crocheting in the sp between last dc made and next dc, fpdc around next dc, dc in sp between fpdc and next dc, dc in sp between next two dc fpdc around next dc

QUOTE=TobeysMama>>>> I don't understand round 3.>>QUOTE

Just wondering if you have had any luck with this. I worked it as written and counting the ch 3 as a dc I get 31 dc.

It will seem strange as when you dc in the sps you will skip over one dc and leave the dc behind the fpdc unworked but you will be adding the dc doing it this way.

post-10430-135897646229_thumb.jpg

Archived