Seaside Tote

TurtleLvr

I love this pattern. I have made it several times in different sizes by adjusting the pattern. This is the first one I did with the exact directions.

Its a free pattern that can be found here.

That's SEVEN skeins of RHSS/ILTY in there! The yarn is ILTY in sherbert stripes.

post-28075-135897645571_thumb.jpg

:turtle:vheart

post-28075-135897645561_thumb.jpg

post-28075-135897645567_thumb.jpg

sweet little bag! it holds a lot of yarn! I have been making purses, how do you find the crocheted handles or straps holding out vs. the other kinds of straps, like how you have on this one? I have been thinking of ways to re-enforse the straps when crocheted so they don't streach out.

Thanks! :)

sweet little bag! it holds a lot of yarn! I have been making purses, how do you find the crocheted handles or straps holding out vs. the other kinds of straps, like how you have on this one? I have been thinking of ways to re-enforse the straps when crocheted so they don't streach out.

Thanks. I HATE to crochet (or even sew) handles. So I tend to use either nylon or cotton strapping to make them. I have a couple bags that are a few years old with crocheted handles that have held up well, but they do tend to stretch. If I do crochet them I like to do a long strip (ie ch 101, turn, sc in 2nd ch and across) instead of short back and forths (ie ch 5, etc). The long ways doesn't seem to stretch as much IMO.

:turtle:vheart

Another way to avoid as much stretch in your crocheted handles is to line the bag. The lining tends to decrease the amount of stress on the body of the bag and therefore reducing the amount of stress on the handles.

I love this bag Sue.

Hobby Lobby needs to come out this way! Now that I've moved the only thing I'm near is Walmart. I used to be able to walk to Joanns. I guess I'm going to have to start using up my stash. LOL

Archived