Better Homes and Gardens Granny Sampler

snowbrocade

Hi all:

I am new to this forum and I would love to connect with other people who are working on this sampler. Crochetbug has posted a picture of her completed sampler which is just beautiful @ http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=126470

This pattern is from a 1977 book called Better Homes and Gardens Crocheting and Knitting. It is widely available in libraries and on Amazon as used.

I love this book and this pattern--it has all the best aspects of 70's crochet--the bright colors and folksy themes.

I am working on this one myself right now--have done 13 out of 34 squares.

I think some of the patterns have errors so if those of you who have completed this afghan would post it would be great--right now I am having difficulty getting the diamond square pattern to come out like the picture!

Thanks all!

sno

hi Snow and welcome to the Ville:hook

this is a great idea for a crochet-along. I have the book and i have a bunch of miscellaneous yarn i need to do something with so i might join you in doing this. I never seem to follow patterns exactly so i might not be much help with any errors in the pattern. will have to see if my yarn is really in colors that would do justice to the design....

Hi magic!

Once you start putting some of these squares together it gets addictive!! I had to take a little break cuz my wrist was getting sore.

I have done all the squares from A-C. I did some of the squares several times cuz I was trying to get them to look like the pics. Most of the patterns seem good but a few just dont match tho I am not a master chrochet-ist.

I would call myself intermediate.

I had planned to go straight thru square by square in order as the patterns are written but I read somewhere that someone did all the squares in the center first and stitched them together to get part of it done for inspiration etc. I like that idea plus it will provide more variety.

Michaels has a sale on Impeccable yarn for $2 so I went and got a few more colors to mix it up a bit.

Perhaps I should take pics of the squares I have done and post them?

it would be great to see photos of your squares!

i reorganized my yarn and got some different ideas about what i might use for this, i don't really have the bright colors like they used in the original or that Crochetbug used for hers.:(

at any rate i have to finish some other things right now. But i will continue to cheer you on :cheer:cheer

Archived