Crochet Instructor Job at Michael's

jakesmom31

There is an opening at my local Michael's and they want to hire someone pretty quickly. Has any one done this? I would like to apply but I'm not sure what the job would entail and didn't get to speak to the manager today (she was out). Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I can tell you about what my local Michaels instructor does..she is the Crochet and Knitting teacher. Her classes are $30 each, you bring your own supplies. If she has a small group, she teaches basic stitches (chain, sc, dc,) and reading a pattern. She also goes over joining and ending..weaving in the ends. If the group has "some" crochet experience, she brings along a simple pattern (hat, scarf, bag) for them to try. Some students bring along their own patterns for help as well. She has two crochet classes and two knitting classes a month, along with a Sit and Stitch every Thursday.

Hope this helps!

Donna

I used to be the Class Coordinator, where I would schedule everyone's classes on the calendar. The classes were always small and pretty relaxed. There were usually about 3 or 4 people signed up for them. I would have the calendar and the person would tell me the nights that they prefer. We would then try to work that out. It can't always be done on the night that is the best for them, but one that would work. I can't help you with how to teach them, since I didn't do that. There was someone who was on here talking about their first crochet class that they taught. Maybe she can help you.

Hi,

I teach crochet/knitting at Michael's Craft store here where I live in Seattle.

The events coordinator overheard me talking about my knitting and crochet in the yarn section and she asked me if I would like to work for them teaching classes.

Each store may be different. The one I work lets me set my own hours and do in-store demonstrations of what I crochet/knit. They are very flexible but I know right now I will be getting very busy with fall just around the corner and leading into the holidays. We charge $20 for a 2 hour class to make a project I have been demonstrating. If they are learning to crochet/knit the 2 hour class is $15. for the basics.

Hope this helps.

I used to be the Class Coordinator, where I would schedule everyone's classes on the calendar. The classes were always small and pretty relaxed. There were usually about 3 or 4 people signed up for them. I would have the calendar and the person would tell me the nights that they prefer. We would then try to work that out. It can't always be done on the night that is the best for them, but one that would work. I can't help you with how to teach them, since I didn't do that. There was someone who was on here talking about their first crochet class that they taught. Maybe she can help you.

Archived