Love stitches Afghan

HappyOldCro

Afghan I made for dh's birthday. He wanted something neutral and not frilly for his new lounge chair. It is sc, dc and long dc stitches. Similar to a teardrop afghan, but I did not use a pattern, just did my own thing to get the look of sewing stitches. It is a two row repeat pattern, in a 10 row repeat of color in 3 shades. I used Vanna's choice Taupe (2 Skeins) and Berella 4 in Light taupe (4 skeins) and Heather (6 skeins). They worked well together and since I had stash in those colors I didn't have to buy any yarn.

Was going to put pattern in original free patterns section, but couldn't decide if I could call it original, a variation or what. So here are pics...

post-14620-135897644132_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897644136_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897644139_thumb.jpg

Oh Carol, it's lovely! So this is what has been keeping you busy huh, it's just so comfy and woodsy looking! By the looks of hubby, he really likes it too! You did great, I love the colors, the pattern, the size, it's just as someone else said up there, soooo handsome looking! great job!:manyheart

That is beautiful! I'll bet your hubby loves it! I would put it under Original Patterns if you write it up.

Archived