NurseFrawg

My first Duck!!!

:duckyI made a duck!!!!! I am so happy. This is my first completed 3-d project. I found the pattern in a book called Crocheted Gifts in a Weekend by Nola Theiss. I named my little duckie friend A.B. (Yes after Alton Brown from Good Eats. Look at the hair of the duck then think of Alton's hair). Anyways here are a few pics of my little A.B.

duck.jpg

Thanks for taking a look... Oh yeah you aren't seeing things and your computer screen isn't going south. I made little A.B. with a skien of unknown yarn. It was a Goodwill find without the wrapper thingy. It is a light yellow, light green, and white variegated yarn. Anyways I had some leftover reclaimed rug yarn that was screaming to become blue eyes. I stuffed him with some leftover batting and a small handful of navy beans to add some weight. :hook

Thanks for looking and thanks for those who helped to make it.

Elizabeth

Edited by auntbubbels

Very, very cute.:clap

:) I guess we'll be seeing more stuffed toys from you?

He's adorable! I like the stripes, lol.

I am kinda torn what to do next... I have the Noah's Ark for Baby booklet from Leisure Arts that is just screaming for me to do either the giraffe or monkey but I also want to do a baby blanket. I love toys though... :scrachin

Thanks for looking

Elizabeth

The duck is really cute :ducky when you say it's your first :ducky do you plan on making more??:ducky

I don't know how soon I will make another duck. I want to try my hand at something else. I did learn a few things on this though. I didn't use the yarn the pattern called for and his bill ended up a little ummm Mick Jagger-ish:eek . I am just so happy with little A.B. and I am very excited:2blush about all of the nice comments that are being made.

Thank you all...

Elizabeth

Well done, Elizabeth! I haven't worked my way up tp anything 3-D yet. (Where's the chicken smilie?) I like his variegated body, too, gives him some distinction. Patty

Love the duck! You'll have to make more - the world needs more ducks!

So cute, and he does look like Alton Brown.:)

He's so cute! AB is a perfect name. I love watching him too.

He looks so cute! and Yes I can see the resembalance to Alton Brown!!

Your duck is simply adorable and AB is the perfect name for him! (Alton Brown is my favorite Food Network person!)

I like the verigation on him, it's cute!

Cute!!!!

He is very cute! I have to say that I have no clue who Alton Brown is - I see that he is on the Food network which explains why! That's not exactly a channel they offer over here in Belgium!! :lol

That duck is sooo cute! And the Alton Brown inspiration, too funny! :clap:loco:cheer Way too go!

your duck is adorable, isn;t it fun to make new things. i make alot of little animals too and i love it. the kids love them too. i make them and give them to the fire departments and police here where i live, for when there is a accident or something anything that causes the child to be traumatized:eek :eek , is a very rewarding job believe me:clap :clap:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug .

Hehe, it does look like Alton Brown!!:lol Nice work!!:clap