The Patty Duke Show

I was grinning like a crazy fool this morning when I spotted the "mother" crocheting while the "father" was lecturing Patty, Cathy (identical cousins) and "Ross." Looks like she was crocheting a scarf. That show has got to be pretty close to fifty years old and it's still floating around on TV. I'm sure there are a lot of you, like me, who remember The Patty Duke Show when it was on TV originally.

I remember - but I'm not that old that I watched the original shows. Nope, not me. :lol And I just realized your name is moonspinners. Any relation to moondoggie?? :D

Oh yes, I remember when The Patty Duke Show was first on the air. I don't even want to figure out how many years ago that was. Especially since I will be celebrating the big 60 in June. Whoops!!! Did I just say my age outloud? Congratulations on spotting crochet on TV. Its always exciting when you spot crochet on tv or in a movie. At least I think so since some people seem to look down on crocheting as if knitting is better. I think they both take skill and talent to do and neither one is better than the other.

Patty Duke is my neighbor! Well, okay, not my neighbor, and if you drag it out of me I'd have to admit I've never met her.... but she does live close by and does nice things for the acting community in our neck of the woods. She's a gracious and still very talented person.

I remember - but I'm not that old that I watched the original shows. Nope, not me. :lol And I just realized your name is moonspinners. Any relation to moondoggie?? :D

:lol Nope, no relation to moondoggie....yeah, I remember him too. Actually "moonspinners" is the title of a Mary Stewart novel which became a Walt Disney movie back in the 1960s. At that time I loved reading Mary Stewart novels and Hayley Mills (teen movie star) was my favorite actress. Besides, I just like the sound of it. :D

Patty Duke is my neighbor! Well, okay, not my neighbor, and if you drag it out of me I'd have to admit I've never met her.... but she does live close by and does nice things for the acting community in our neck of the woods. She's a gracious and still very talented person.

How cool is that, Jim! Sounds like she's overcome all the issues she had at that time. Glad to hear she's doing well.

:lol Nope, no relation to moondoggie....yeah, I remember him too. Actually "moonspinners" is the title of a Mary Stewart novel which became a Walt Disney movie back in the 1960s. At that time I loved reading Mary Stewart novels and Hayley Mills (teen movie star) was my favorite actress. Besides, I just like the sound of it. :D

I love the Moonspinners and Hayley Mills too! I use "moonspinners" on alot of online things. I don't remember watching The Patty Duke show when it first aired, but I have seen it in syndication many times. I love it, but currently I don't get it on any channels.

The show was on from 1963 until 1966. I remember watching the reruns a lot as we were growing up. I loved the opening song.

:manyheart

Archived