Wwhat stitch do you hate the most?

Elvee

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I just can't stand Tunisian! There's some neat Tunisian projects out there - but just trying to sit and work makes me REALLY frustrated - it's like a weird tease - neither knitting nor crochet and it makes me feel sort of - bleh! I've never finished a Tunisian project, hm :think don't even know why I feel the need to try it again and again.

Picots!!!

Oh I hate them too Mary!! but I end up doing it anyway! For instance the doily pattern that i am currently working never mentioned any picots but I read the pattern wrong and ended up with endless picots in my final round!! I have not touched it since to finish weaving the ends and I need to block it too!

hugs

Vims:manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

I hate the roll stitch or bullions...hate them with a passion...I just tried to make some baby mitts and booties that call for that stitch...gave up after an hour of struggling with them and substituted another stitch entirely...

Reverse single crochet! UGH! I hate that darn stitch! I have the hardest time keeping my loop on the hook going in reverse... I actually did a project last week that called for it and the ONLY reason I did it was because I was testing a pattern, but if I have a pattern I'm doing for me, I modify it so it's anything BUY a reverse sc!!!

I dislike the puff stitches, until I really get into it on a pattern. Then, I get ok at them. I like picots, especially with thread.

Rosemary

p.s. I love doing reverse singles for borders. I have never done reverse doubles.

• 2 weeks later...

Reverse stitches? I don't think I know those. :think

I don't hate it, but bullion stitches are by far the ones I have the most trouble with. The hook only goes through all of it in one of ten attempts. Aargh!

Puff/bobble/popcorn - you know, those poofy things made up of a million billion dc's together. URGH. I just made a bobble-y pillow cover and found that the only way I could keep the bobbles from flattening out was to keep them on the "wrong" side of the work. I was sick of them by the time all was said and done.

I'll have to agree with Kristin on this matter. I love picots. Absolutely love them. I love the lacy look and the way they hang and make everything look dainty. (in fact, I am using them on the trim of the dress I am desiging.)

I don't really like repetitive stitches. I hate front post/back post ribbing. I can't get the seams to line up right when doing them in a round. It hurts my wrist too.

I guess I'm lucky, I haven't found a stitch I don't like yet! :lol

I'll second that! I can't think of a stitch that annoys me. Even some of the funkier ones that Patricia Kristoffersen has invented don't bother me.

~ Lori

I have to stand up and say I love picots and the reverse single crochet. :wink All those pretty, pretty stitches. Picots make me sigh when I realize how many I have to do, but I always choose to do them because they make the project pop.

My least favorite thing to do is working in the chain, particularly the back of the chain (up one side and then back down the other). Ugh. I'm not so crazy about fpdc and bpdc stitches either, but only as they relate to each other. Used in moderation with other stitches they're great. (Square #11 in the 63 squares afghan - total nightmare).

I have to say I can't think of any stitches I hate. Now, fear? That's a whole nuther story! :scared But usually, once I master a stitch, then I'm fine with it. :hook

That tune could change, however, when I finally sit myself down to try and learn that crab stitch (aka reverse stitch). :faint Fear is the only thing that's kept me from trying it! :lol

Honestly this is going to sound so silly, but I hate slip stitch with a passion!! I always want to add more to it because there's so little to it, and invariably end up having to frog a bit once I find that I've slipped into sc. Grrrrr. :bang

• 4 weeks later...

I don't like the afghan stitch, :eek it keeps curling, I try everything from loose tension, different needle. I just find it tedious, and it seems to take twice as long:thumbdown I prefer DC, or HDC :jumpyay But this early of the morning I need:coffee :coffee :coffee :coffee

Well gotta run life is calling (screeching actually lol)

coffeeandcrochet

Archived