Wwhat stitch do you hate the most?

Elvee

I am working on the 63 Squares Sampler afghan and realize really hate puff stitches. :thair They are never as neat as in the books! What stich do you hate the most? :hook

Lorry

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back post double crochet...somehow I always forget what I'm doing and it ends up being front post double crochet.

Now that I've finished the 63 squares afghan, I wanted to update this answer and say that I detest the puff stitch with a purple passion.:angry

I made a hat recently that used a reverse hdc stitch for the last row. I like to have never figured out how to do the stitch. It made a great border for the hat, but man, was it ever difficult to do!

I don't like puff stitches either, but I'd have to go with reverse single crochet as my least favorite stitch. It always comes out funny-looking and makes my wrists hurt.

I don't mind picots at all. They're tedious, but I don't mind doing them at all! :)

LOL You all are saying stitches that I like. I like them because they are different. I guess I don't like repetitive scs and dcs. Those make my eyes cross. It's true torture for me to crochet something with all the same stitches. That's why I have a mixture of stitches in my designs when I go to make something. Also picot is my favorite stitch for lace. I put it on almost everything. I guess I've done it so much that it doesn't bother me.

Definitely anything with 'reverse' in their name!! I just cannot get my hook or hand to work backwards. It's unnatural. Why do you think they call the reverse single crochet a 'crab' stitch afterall? Because it makes you CRABBY!

I also have to say picots....when I'm working on a piece with that stitch, inevitably I've broken the thumb nail on my left hand...and I use that nail to control the stitch.

Well this is going to sound really goofy but I can't stand working foundation chains. Maybe because I am still such a beginner. I have to bascially sit in the closet with earmuffs on and REALLY REALLY focus on what I am doing. It is not a good feeling when you are counting along and somebody else decides to count or say any type of numbers and then you have to frog your project before you even get to really work on it. Or what is worse if you miscount your foundation chain and work foundation row and only at the end discover that you are a few too short or you have a few left over. :eek

Elizabeth

puff/popcorn stitches

picot...depending

It used to be reverse sc, but I finally loosened up enough so they look fine now.

;)

But with the puff/popcorns...if that's the one where you have to remove your hook from your work and go back three+ stitch, re insert, grab the hanging loop...etc....that's the one I dislike the most. Messes with the rythem of things.

:angry

Picots! :irk Also reverse sc makes me a little nuts--I'm never sure I'm doing it right, and I tend to make it really really tight. Triple trebles aren't my favorite because I always feel like they come out sloppy, but I'm getting better at them.

I think crossed stitches and basketweaves are kinda fun, though.

Or what is worse if you miscount your foundation chain and work foundation row and only at the end discover that you are a few too short or you have a few left over.

If I have a foundation chain longer than about 25 or so, what I do is put safety pins in every 25th chain. That way I don't have to keep track in my head so much, which is nice because I have a short attention span :lol I caught on to doing it that way while making a thread project with a starting chain of something like 502 :eek I eventually made it through the chain and first row, but then I kept getting lost while trying to count the 499 dc to make sure I had it right--then it finally hit me to put the safety pins in so I wouldn't lose count. Now I just do it in the chain to make sure I have it right to begin with.

I haven't learned that many stiches yet because I'm still a beginner and only pick patterns with stitches I know :blush , but I'd have to say rev sc. I've done several things that edged w/ this, and each time it took me about 20-30 stitches to figure out how to really get them looking even and the same size, then I'd have to frog it and start over again so they all *would* be the same size. Looks great when done, but I hate it! Patty

anything with reverse in it :P also the crab stitch (I just don't think its worth all that effort :rofl) as for the starting chain...I'm really bad....i chain a ton, then count, if its too short, I chain about another foot's worth, count again, if its too much, well thats just a little bit more of a tail to weave in :devil

Archived