Crocheting with Wire and Crystals

Crochet_Hooked

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Everyone,

I woud like to thank everyone for commenting, it certainly encourages my creative side.... sooooooo

:cheer Update! :cheer

Last month I made this wire crochet bracelet using Swarovski Pearls. :eek I used 89 (go figure... lol) 4 mm Swarovski Cream Pearls to make this bracelet... :yay Classy... Don't you think? :frog

I bought your pattern for these bracelets. I just haven't been able to get out and get supplies yet. Wanting to try this just have to find the time.

I bought your pattern for these bracelets. I just haven't been able to get out and get supplies yet. Wanting to try this just have to find the time.

Hi LaVonneK :cheer

Yes… Thank you! I appreciate the support! Would love to see anything you feel comfortable enough to show me! Of course, when you get the time… I understand life does get in the way of crocheting! :crocheting

Thank you for your inspiration!!

Your very welcome Jana… and Thank You! I am trying… and I do mean trying..lol to teach my Mom to crochet… It’s been quite interesting! LOL It has been about two years since I have crocheted with yarn… Wow! I have missed it! Made 2 baby caps for Crafting for a Cause! TeeHee TeeHee!

Because of you Jana, I’m crocheting with yarn! Yipeeeee! LOL Sooo thanks to you too! :hook:hug

To Everyone!

:manyheart Thanks for commenting… I do appreciate the support! I will try to check in more often… :hug

Have a super night, week… Month!

Cari:frog (I adore Frogs and collect them)

Your very welcome Jana… and Thank You! I am trying… and I do mean trying..lol to teach my Mom to crochet… It’s been quite interesting! LOL It has been about two years since I have crocheted with yarn… Wow! I have missed it! Made 2 baby caps for Crafting for a Cause! TeeHee TeeHee!

Because of you Jana, I’m crocheting with yarn! Yipeeeee! LOL Sooo thanks to you too! :hook:hug

See? You inspired me, now the inspiration has been repaid. :clap And thanks for joining Crafting for a Cause. :hug Lately this crocheter has been slacking, but the yarn stash is calling my name. Let me know how the crochet lessons go with your mom :hug

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, I have a New Bracelet. Using Swarovski Pearls and Crystals together in one wire crochet bracelet. Take a look below - :clap

What do you think? Is it a keeper? LOL

Also, has anyone tried crocheting with wire? Would love to hear your story Thank you for looking!

post-2385-135897766792_thumb.jpg

post-2385-135897766795_thumb.jpg

post-2385-135897766797_thumb.jpg

post-2385-135897766798_thumb.jpg

post-2385-1358977668_thumb.jpg

I love them - I would love to work with wire, but I don't care for working with small hooks.

Great work :cheer

Hi Aunt,

I totally understand, working with a small hook does have its disadvantages. There are many variations to crocheting with wire by using a larger hook or thinner wire (28 or 30) be careful with the higher gauge wire, pulling or twisting to much it will break.

Thanks for the comment! I love to chat about wire crochet. :cheer

More beautiful work! The blue one is my fav. What kind of clasp is that?

Hi Jana!

Great to see you! The clasp is a small (but very strong) magnetic clasp. My Mother has arthritis in her fingers, which makes the toggle clasps a challenge. So I tried the magnetic clasps and she love them.

Thanks for commenting Jana… hope to be back to crocheting with yarn soon! :hug

Hi Jana!

Great to see you! The clasp is a small (but very strong) magnetic clasp. My Mother has arthritis in her fingers, which makes the toggle clasps a challenge. So I tried the magnetic clasps and she love them.

Thanks for commenting Jana… hope to be back to crocheting with yarn soon! :hug

What a great idea! I have a few bracelets with the toggle hooks, but they always seem to come undone while I am typing at work. Once I get back to crocheting with wire, I'll be searching for those little magnetic ones. :manyheart

• 2 weeks later...
I tried to do wire crochet and just could not get the hang of it. But, I still crochet with beads. Here's some examples of what I've done. Sorry for the poor picture quality.

Excellent! :clap:clap Love the Black and red one! Crocheting with wire is a little tougher on everything…lol But great job with the necklaces! :cheer

What a great idea! I have a few bracelets with the toggle hooks, but they always seem to come undone while I am typing at work. Once I get back to crocheting with wire, I'll be searching for those little magnetic ones. :manyheart

Hey Jana, I bought the clasps at JoAnns or Fire Mountain (I can’t remember) UGGG! lol :cheer

Where is that frog…:goodorbad Nope that’s not it… :2frog LOL So many good smilies!

I tried to do wire crochet and just could not get the hang of it. But, I still crochet with beads. Here's some examples of what I've done. Sorry for the poor picture quality.

Great job!! My favorite is the 2nd pic with the 3 beads dangling. So Pretty!!

Hey Jana, I bought the clasps at JoAnns or Fire Mountain (I can’t remember) UGGG! lol :cheer

Where is that frog…:goodorbad Nope that’s not it… :2frog LOL So many good smilies!

Hey there Missy!! Next time I am at JoAnne's I'll have to see if they have them. And if they do, then I'm sure I'll buy them to give me the inspiration needed to get crocheting again. My DIL passed last week after fighting cancer for 2+ years. Her and my son only got married the end of March. Yes, he married knowing she could be terminal. But true love conquers all :manyheart

Very, very pretty. You did a fine job on all pieces.

Tip 1: Be very careful with magnetic clasps I lost a couple and so did others I made for! I finally figured out what the problem was. They get pulled off on shopping cart handles by connecting to them and it's usually not felt when it happens!

I remedied the problem by getting very fine jewelry chain (sterling or gold plated so it doesn't change color) and attaching a 2 to 2.5 inch piece, one end on each end of the bracelet with jump rings. It works well and if it disconnects, the bracelet stays on the wrist.

Last tip: If possible, use the same color clasp as the wire used. It helps to keep the eye focused on the bracelet.

If I can help anymore, let me know. :)

Archived