crochetbug13

Better Homes and Garden Granny Square Sampler

46 posts in this topic

This is very very nice, I love the bold colors... For a first project you really took a leap! It's beautiful.

Angela

I have had that book for 10 years--now I am inspired to start this after the say 20 other things I have going on!

Great work!!!

I love that pattern! Yours is great, such nice clear happy colors:D thanks for sharing it with us:hook

That is gorgeous!!! I know you said it's a Better Home and Gardens pattern but can you be more specific? I would love to have the pattern!!!!

I love it! Every once in a while a project just really takes my eye! This is one that does just that. Great job -- hard to beleive it is a first project. I did not start out so well but over the years finally got here. :) Whoever gets to use this afghan will surely have their day brightened.

Beautiful afghan!!! I love all the odd squares & the bright colors. Great job!

Great job. I especially like the variety of motif designs and the way they fit together, as well as the picot edge.

And, I enjoyed the words on your blog: "I still carry with me the expectation that things are made to fit together, and in my crochet, I am constantly working toward that in an effort to smooth over the vagaries of the world as it exists." It's a good way of explaining one aspect of why I enjoy crochet. When my day hasn't worked out as well as I expect, crocheting in the evening can satisfy my innate need for some kind order.

So cool! I am saving all my left over yarn to do something like that some day.