Sign in to follow this  
darsynia

I can't fight genetics! Hi there!

Hello! I found crochetville after seeing miss_crochet's gorgeous Realta afghan (http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=126192) on Ravelry.

My mother and grandmother have been crocheting for most of their lives; my grandmother used to cut up her old bread wrappers and sort them by color, slip knot them together, and use the result to crochet circular mats for the kitchen and bathroom (I've gotta rustle up a picture, even though bread wrappers are nowhere near as varied and bright as they used to be!).

As for me, it took me until my 30's before I was able to really get crochet--before then, I had two left hands, so to speak. As a cross-stitch and quilt lady, I'm pretty excited to find that I love crochet so much, because that opens up a whole realm of things to make and enjoy!

Right now I'm working on the Dusty Snowflake throw (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/snowflakes-throw) as well as using some online tutorials to teach myself broomstick lace, because a) I'm crazy, and b) I never do anything by halves, hah.

I want to compliment you guys on the most easy to use and comfy feeling forum I've ever visited! I suspect I'm going to make this a daily visit. I look forward to learning my way around (and figuring out the bag lady thing! That looks intriguing).

Hello from Minnesota!

Hi:hi and welcome:welcome from the West Coast of Florida

:hi from Florida's Space Coast

Howdy from Oklahoma

Welcome to Crochetville

HI! Welcome to the ville, this site is sure addicting, but oh so much fun!

Hello from south Florida!