Knit 1, purl 2 in crochet panic!

shandylouhoo

Question

I just received Knit 1, Purl 2 In Crochet and I'm so excited to start the process, however, I am a visual learner and I'm in need of some visual guidance. Does anyone know where I can get some visuals on how to do this new process? I have some vintage knit patterns I wanted to crochet! I love this book and I really wanna understand it.

I have played around with the stitches in Knit 1 Purl 2 using my double ended hook, also used for Tunisian.

I incorporated the crochet knit/purl instructions in a baby sweater recently. Loved the new look-> stretchy,closed fabric.

There is one more technique you may want to pursue once you gain Tunisian experience.

Double hook crochet. specifically, Crochenit.

Thank you so much for your responses. I have another book coming on tunisian crochet so I'm hoping I have more luck with that method, I know that it's very knit looking, so I'm hoping that works!

Someone at my church group bought that booklet and we tried and tried and none of us could figure it out so I hope it works better for you. Myself I know I am not the smartest but other crocheter's in the group that have crocheted for 30yrs couldn't get it so I think that technique was not for us. Mary

I can't help with the visuals (many others have asked for this as well in older threads).

However, this techniqe is a new way to make crochet stitches appear similar to a knit fabric. A sc stitch by its nature is larger and a different proportion than a knit stitch made with the same diameter tool. THIS technique makes an even bigger stitch than usual. Long way of saying that this book may enable you to design a knit looking item from scratch, but you will not be able to follow a knit pattern in crochet with this book I'm afraid.

Archived