Patchwork Afghan Square

truelove730

Thanks to pfirsch who responded to my Seeking Patterns request for a Quilt Look-A-Like Afghan. I have started the Patchwork Crochet pattern. Even though I stated that I did not want to do a bunch of sc, this works out nice because it is done in triangles to make squares. I was impressed when I put it together how nice it turned out with just three colors and a bunch of triangles and squares! I had to write about it becuase I cannot blog it as it is a birthday present for my aunt (July 17th) and she reads my blog. Here is a picture of the big sqare:

2584251_ae9435e1c8.jpg

The individual squares are 5.5x5.5 making the big square 22x22. I am thinking about putting border around each big square alternating red and purple and then connecting them with a yellow border to go in between the purple/red boards and the outside edge. I will post a pic when finished, it may be a while as I have to start my dads birthday afghan and his birthday is in March! :)

I love it!!!!!

My hubby has been after me to make a "crazy quilt" afghan out of all my odds and ends of yarn that I have.

Folks there are a lot of quilt like afghans to crochet. Annie's attic has a bunch of patterns. I have made a Christmas tree one for my bed. They are made with granny squares. You do only 2 rnds. Some patterns call for three. I have made a quilt sampler with my yarn leftovers. That pattern I found on the internet. They are a lot of fun to make.:woohoo

Archived