March Charity CAL 3/16 - 3/22

nicolep

I know everyone is having a busy weekend so I will just post another square, fill my cup of coffee and get the yarn out. The pictured square is Lion's mane and posted on the dishcloth diaries link I posted before.

post-43783-135897640289_thumb.jpg

I know everyone is having a busy weekend so I will just post another square, fill my cup of coffee and get the yarn out. The pictured square is Lion's mane and posted on the dishcloth diaries link I posted before.

Another beautiful square, Janni. :clap :clap

Last square of the weekend! Everything put away so not sure which pattern this was. Enjoyed the crochet a long!

Another beautiful square, Janni! :clap :clap

Moving along slowly this month....hat still in progress. Nicer weather this weekend with little change of rain today. Outdoor pruning of roses, etc. are calling my name. DH wants to do a major grocery shopping trip and doesn't want to go by himself. Then I have to work this evening, bummer, not getting as much done as I'd hoped.

Janni, great blocks, all of them. Will you eventually put them together in some kind of ghan, or do you donate them to someone who does that part?

I make my cat mats with 3 strands of yarn and an N hook. Usually one strand is a baby weight and the other two are worsted. That makes them nice and thick. The cats can dig their nails in them and stretch without damaging them (as they don't have scratching posts inside the kennels). They wash up nicely too.

I use whatever scrap yarn comes my way. A lot of people give me their cast offs and I look at yard sales and thrift shops. Sometimes I spring for a Pounder!

Weekend is over and I sent my squares. They were for a comfort ghan over on the charity thread. Quite a few were sending squares and then she was putting them together with white yarn, I believe. I must confess that I made one more than pictured(can't help it when you are on a roll). Glad to see the posts and "sounds like life to me" happening to a lot. Sure sign spring is on the way when we get busy outside again. Thanks for the tips on cat mats-never thought of the thickness and how great for them for stretching and sharpening claws.

I hope to get a few charity items made tonight and tomorrow. I know HAP (for those of us that are members) just sent out an email asking each HAPer to make 9. I plan on getting that done as soon as possible.

Archived