March Charity CAL 3/16 - 3/22

nicolep

Are we ready for charity hooking?!? Come one come all for the big March Charity Weekend!!! :woo

For new comers -

Anything handmade (crochet, knit, sew...whatever you like to do) counts towards the charity CAL. A group of us get together once a month and dedicate six days to charity. We chat about what we're making and lots of other non-craft things that pop up. At the end of the event, we post our totals in big, bold letters so we can all see how much a few people can do.

Feel free to post any questions!

Hi, Nicole. Where did the month go? Count me in again. I'll be working on scarves for charity this month. And maybe throw in another preemie blanket or some preemie hats.

Pictures, pictures, we love pictures. :) We chat a bit during the weekend and post pictures as we can. Then on the last day, we post our total accomplishments in big bold letters and the hostess tallies them up.

Welcome Janni!!

Welcome, Janni! We LOVE pictures.

I got a jump start on my first scarf yesterday, so I'm off and running on a two tone green scarf for a friend's charity.

I started a new chemo hat last night. Have misplaced my favorite crochet pattern so am I knitting this one on DP needles. About my fourth project with DPs and still feel like I'm all thumbs. It is slow going for me but I'm determined to learn this technique. Crocheting is certainly much faster!

I would like to join too. I am making 12" squares for a comfort ghan on the charity thread. Do we need to pm you, post pics, post patterns, or ?

We're very informal. This is just a way for us to get together and gab while we work. :D

Welcome! We're glad to have you.

Well, it is laundry day for me so any distraction will be a plus! First time I have done 12" squares. I tried one for another charity post but could not get it to come out right so didn't join. This will be easier as there are no set patterns. This was fun!

post-43783-135897639423_thumb.jpg

Well, it is laundry day for me so any distraction will be a plus! First time I have done 12" squares. I tried one for another charity post but could not get it to come out right so didn't join. This will be easier as there are no set patterns. This was fun!

Janni, that is lovely!

Hmm, I just noticed that I put the date wrong on the thread. Oops! For newcomers, we usually go from Thursday to Tuesday. I had a brain fart! :blush

Not a problem, since I didn't really pay any attention to the actual date just which weekend it spanned. Since we always go Thursday through Tuesday it didn't even dawn on me that you had some other time span in there.:lol

I've been so busy, it's amazing that I can remember the date today. :rofl

I think this charity weekend is going to be a wash for me. I'm up to my ears in swap stuff. I have an out-of-town, overnight work thing starting tomorrow afternoon. I'll get back Saturday afternoon in time to check on the cats and get my rear downtown for a hockey game. Church and that sort of thing on Sunday. I might be able to get a few things done Monday and Tuesday though.

I'll definitely stop by to drool over pics and chat when I'm available though. :yes

Looks like a busy weekend! We live on the road now(some would roll eyes) and plan to move on Sunday so will post as much as I can around the move. I don't like this square as much as the others but decided to make a couple close knit(?) and couple with more holes.......hmmm, does that explain it? There are a couple new 12" square patterns just came up on the posts today that look interesting too. Have a great day and btw, I will be looking for scarf patterns when the Special Olympic colors come out (hint hint)

post-43783-135897639701_thumb.jpg

Looks like a busy weekend! We live on the road now(some would roll eyes) and plan to move on Sunday so will post as much as I can around the move. I don't like this square as much as the others but decided to make a couple close knit(?) and couple with more holes.......hmmm, does that explain it? There are a couple new 12" square patterns just came up on the posts today that look interesting too. Have a great day and btw, I will be looking for scarf patterns when the Special Olympic colors come out (hint hint)

Another very pretty square, Janni.

Archived