bubblefizz

How to keep the bead at front??

Ok as you know im still learning beading :D but i have noticed that they are always on the back of the work:think how do i get them showing on the front of the work??:blush

From my teesy bit of bead crocheting, I have learned that you kinda have to push the bead forward as you complete the stitch.... not sure if I explained it right and it's been a little while since I've used beads so I may not be remembering quite right lol

Marvie's right. I crochet "the knife" way (versus "the pencil") and I use my right thumb to keep the bead up front while completing the next stitch.

i have been experimenting and i have been pushing the bead through to the front, so im doing this right??

In bead crochet the back of the work normally becomes the front of the work. There is a method of getting them on the front. I will find the link and post it later, But I personally found that I didn't get the look I really was looking for with it. But for what you are doing it may be just fine So I will try and find it for you.

Okay as I promised here is a link to a pattern that describes how to do front bead crochet. Heart Bracelet Hope this helps you and it is a cute little pattern also.

Hey this is my first post and not very good at doing this sort of thing (very new at it)... I am from Alabama.

Anyway, there is a tool called a beadler which adds beads to the front. It's also an add as you go so if you don't want to preplan your bead you can do more free form.

Just another idea

beads r frustrating at time when crocheting

Thanks for asking this, because I've had the same problem, and I already got some pointers.

When I do necklaces, through trial and error I have found that if I let my first set of beads fall to the back like they want to. And then when I chain and turn for the next row, I force the next set of beads to stay put with a slip stitch ,while I hold tbem in place with my thumb, You can use this method also to force them to stay in front.

I used to teach bead crochet and the way that I did it was almost like a "purl" crochet but not really, and it is kind of difficult to explain, easier to demonstrate, but I would hold the thread in front of my work, push the bead up to the front of the work and hold it there, then insert the hook in the stitch that I am working with the bead under the hook and work the stitch...